Part 5

Miyoung POV

I thought he would be happy about it. Most guys would kill to be my fiancé. I took a deep breath and let out a sigh. “I promised that I would get you guys out of there and I did” I spoke up in my defense. “It was the only way to get you guys out of there safely.”

“You should have just left us there!” Himchan continued to scream at me.

“Calm down, Himchan!” Yongguk intervened. Himchan huffed as he sat back down. Maybe I shouldn't have gotten them involved? Yongguk looked at me and said “Thank you for saving them, but you also said something about us belonging to your family now. What did you mean by that?”

“Your gang is still new to this town and you don't understand the hierarchy here. Because of that, you have caused a lot of trouble for all of the gang families. If you don't ally yourself with a family, you are just asking to be attacked.”

“What does that have to do with me being your fiancé?” Himchan asked.

“By saying you are my fiancé; I put you and your gang under the TS family's protection. Thus making you a part of our family.”

“And what if we refuse?” Himchan asked.

“If you refuse, then you are free to go.”

“Really?” Himchan sat up and smiled.

“Yes, but know that once you leave the protection of this family, you will come under attack from all the other families.”

“Why?” Youngjae asked.

“Your gang has been attacking people randomly throughout town. This has upset just about all of the gang families. The only way to protect yourselves right now is to become part of a family.”

“Can't we just become part of your family, without us being engaged?” Himchan argued again.

“If that is how you truly feel, then that is fine with me. Just know that the Starship family will have already spread the rumor throughout the other families. For the time being, you will have to pretend to be my fiancé. We will cancel the engagement when the time is right.”

“This is bullshit!” he screamed and I wanted to just run and hide somewhere. I never thought he would be so upset over this.

I put on my best smile as I fought back the tears that had begun to form. “Sunhwa will explain the rules you will have to follow if you want to remain a part of our family.” I stood up and then said “If you'll excuse me, I have some things to attend to” before I left.

Sunhwa POV

I can't believe she let him talk to her like that! I watched as she turned and left the room. Was that a tear I saw?

“So, what are these rules?” Youngjae asked me with a smile. He is kind of cute.