Part 1

Miyoung POV

“Where are you going?” Sunhwa asked.

“Just to the convenience store to grab a snack” I replied.

“Want us to come with you?”

Why does she always ask that? We are only two years apart in age, yet she always treats me like a little girl who needs protection. “No, I’ll be fine Unnie. It’s not that far.”

“You think you will be able to make it through the crowd of suitors?”

I looked out the window and giggled. “I can’t believe that they are still doing that!”

“Every morning” Sunhwa commented. “You sure you don’t want us to come?”

I giggled again. “No, I’ll be fine. They all know the rules and I doubt any of them have forgotten what happened the last time they tried to break them.”

Sunhwa laughed “True. Don’t take too long, your father is supposed to be coming home today.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll make it quick.” I gave her a smile and then walked through the gates.

“Miyoung, please marry me!” one guy asked as he held out flowers.

“No, marry me!” another guy said as he kicked over the first guy.

“Guys!” I screamed over the crowd. “You all know the rules! If you want to marry me, then you have to defeat me first.” I looked down at the guys who had proposed and asked them “Now, are you asking me for a duel?”

Both of them shook their head as they said “NO!”

“Then I suggest you all go home” I smiled at them and they all shuffled away in disappointment. After they had all dispersed, I walked a few blocks to the convenience store to get my snack. I knew I wanted some bread, but I couldn’t decide on what filling I wanted. After debating for some time, I finally decided on the sweet potato filled one. Thankfully they still had one left. Just as I reached out to get it, some guy walked over and took it. “Hey! That’s mine!” I screamed at him as I tried to grab it.

“Sorry, but first come first served” he said as he held the bread just out of my reach.

I pretended to reach up and grab it, but punched him in the stomach instead. That will show him, I giggled to myself.

“Zelo! Let’s go, the guys are waiting for us!”

“Okay, Himchan Hyung!” a tall, thin guy with pink hair said as he ran over with a bunch of drinks.

I was shocked, he didn’t even flinch. He walked over to the register with the tall guy in tow, paid for their stuff and left. “Guess I’ll have to settle for the red bean paste one” I mumbled to myself as I grabbed one from the shelf. “I really wanted that sweet potato filled one, but I have to admit that the red bean paste one is my favorite” I giggled to myself as I was walking home.