MysteriousWays

After his drink had settled, Hardvak said his final goodbye to Viviene and made his way to the gate. Once there he looked back up towards the keep to see Inquisitor Rayara standing just outside the main hall's newly refurbished door way looking down towards him with thankful smile. When he noticed her, she lifted her hand and waved. "Good luck!" she called, her voice faint from the distance. Hardvak chuckled and waved back to her before turning his back yet again and crossing the bridge. Once his feet had left the stone and once again started kicking up little clouds of snow from the ground, he let out a long sigh.

"So, stop a war huh? Well, I guess it'll be a good workout for when I get back home." He ran his arm along the back of his neck rubbing his almost pale white skin just as a bitterly cold mountain breeze swept through his ragged hood and scarred face. And just then, any doubts or second thoughts vanished as a new confidant youthful smile spread across his aging heavily scarred face. He took a deep breath, cracked his neck in a swift, relaxing motion, and let out a energized cloud of air. Starting his journey with simple phrase.

"WULD NA KEST!"

He exploded down the snow ridden path faster than any mortal should've been able to go before finally vanishing from sight. Specifically from the silver gaze of a bald elf who looked out towards the the Dragonborn's path from the battlements. His expression unreadable but his face paler than usual and as the snow settled back onto the mountainside, he tightened grip around his staff. His knuckles turning white at the force.

The days passed with little to no interruption as a newly alone Hardvak traversed the Frostbacks taking care not to take an ungraceful tumble or accidentally wander off in a wrong direction. No easy task for an adventurous one such as Hardvak, especially whenever he did meet another traveler. He was told of several cities in the world that were just begging to be seen for the first time. Cities of like Orzammar and Kirkwall, the palace of Halamshiral, and dozens of small villages in between all of which he wouldn't have been against putting a hold on his quest to see. It was an old habit that he had been trying to put to rest but always seemed to pop up when it was least wanted. Still though, he pushed that feeling back down and continued on. Promising himself once it was over, then he would go sightseeing.

The last traveler he had had such talks with had disappeared further into the mountains sometime go. Perhaps looking for the Inquistion or for a myriad of other purposes maybe. Either way, he couldn't be bothered to wonder as an ominous mass off storm clouds that had been forming over the horizon since dawn, finally billowed towards him just as the sun began to set over the snow capped peaks. Not really in the mood to traverse through a storm, he took a breath and began to speak a familiar Shout when suddenly, out of the corner of his eye, a small glimmer of light appeared from behind a swath of pine.

Taking a few steps, or rather strides towards it he saw the light was actually emitting from behind a window. A window that looked attached towards the outline of small wooden cabin. After a small debate with himself, he decided that it would be a decent place to spend the night in so he continued towards it. He came to the door just as the storm truly began to make itself known with snow flurries quickly becoming snow pellets. He knocked on the door. There was no answer. He did so again, calling out to anyone to see if they were home. Once again no response.

Here, the craftsman in him kicked in and he saw just how poorly made the cabin was. The building itself leaned too far to one side and the lack of a chimney would really become a problem if that small fire got out of hand. The wood was also not properly placed. Causing several holes and weak, bendable walls to occupy a majority of the supposed home. With a sigh he gripped the rather clumsily made door handle and pulled lightly half expecting a lock to kick in. Instead the door peeled right open letting him and a decent size wind into the cabin. Fearing the light from a few candles would go out, he quickly closed the door behind him and was surprised to see that there was no lock for it at all. Instead two wooden hooks horribly carved into the wall around the door and below one of them a large wooden plank that Hardvak assumed was to be placed the hooks to keep the door closed.