A Request from the Inquisitor

The days that followed consisted of rebuilding, resting, and more rebuilding and in the process what had once been a empty, crumbling castle gradually began to transform into a fortified, defendable fortress held by a growing number inhabitants. One such inhabitant, had set out upon a personal mission of learning about teleporting magic. Which led to him now talking to a rather eccentric looking mage in Skyhold's Library.

"Dorian Pavus." The mage said with a theatrical bow.

"Hardvak. Pleasure." The Nord introduced himself.

"It is isn't it?" Dorian said looking over the man quizzically. "I was wondering when I would meet you. I heard you brought a man back from the dead."

"Damn it. I had hoped to kill that rumor." Hardvak replied with a head scratch.

"I know the mage that pronounced him dead. He's no slouch when it comes to telling when someone has died."

"Whys that?"

"Mainly because he's me." Dorian answered causing Hardvak to sigh.

"It was easy to overlook." Hardvak defended. " In my experience some souls just tend to be rather too stubborn for their own good."

"Ha! Interestingly put." Dorian said with a laugh. " In any case, good to finally meet you. I believe you wanted to discuss something with me."

"Yeah. How much do you know about teleportation magic?" Hardvak asked intent on hearing a fruitful explanation. He would sadly end up being disappointed not just by Dorian, but Fiona and Viviene as well. The resulting depression caused him to sit in a large room at the bottom of the library. Just where the other mate had decided to call home.

"Do you have a moment?" An elvish voice asked. Hardvak looked over to see the image of the simple clothed Solas walk up beside him and bring him out of his stupor.

"Yeah. Whatcha need?" Hardvak asked as the elf sat down beside him.

"I talked with the Inquisitor yesterday. She mentioned that you are not Thedoican."

"Let me guess, you want to know more about the cat people?" Hardvak asked with a sigh which shifted immediately at Solas' response.

"At another time maybe, now I wish to discuss magic. Specifically yours."

Hardvak seemed confused by the topic. "It's magic. Manipulate the elements by waving your hands and concentrating. What's there to discuss?"

"Well for one, the type that lets you stop storms." Solas said. Finally understanding what Solas wanted to know, Hardvak's head drooped slightly.

"Right. Figured that would come up." Hardvak said turning to face the window that peered down into the valley below. "Follow me. Best do this where no one can get hurt." He said walking towards the door.

The pair left Skyhold and stopped in the valley, several hundred feet away from the nearest tent before Hardvak spoke again.

"So, what do you know about dragons?"

"Dragons? Admittedly, not much." Solas replied intrigued by the question. Hardvak smiled at the answer which just confirmed that more than one dragon indeed inhabited Thedas.

"Ok, well what can you tell me about the Dragons in Thedas?"

"Big, scaled up, reptilian creatures, with a knack for breathing elemental attacks." Solas replied.

"Right. Sort of like this." Hardvak said turning towards Solas' side and speaking loudly.

"YOL TUUR SHUL!"