Daniel Murillo - My Shining Light

Daniel's POV:

"COULD YOU SHUT UP?!" I heard (Y/N) scream which made Jorel, Jordan, George and I look behind us. Dylan was probably taunting her again... She was already kind enough to accept my request to come with us to this supposedly camping trip, if we ignored the fact that we were turning in circles for about half an hour and were completely lost in this gigantic forest... He knows she doesn't like ghost stories, just like me! We are alike, she and I, in a lot of ways actually, almost every possible way... Except one... I love her...

"Jesus, can't you take a fucking joke?" Dylan sighed in annoyance as he jogged towards us to keep up with our pace. We continued to walk as Funny placed himself at the left extremity of the line the guys and I had created while walking. (Y/N) arrived a couple seconds later at the right extremity placing her... Next to me. I could clearly see the anger lacing her face. I leaned down a bit so I could talk to her without the others listening.

"I'm sorry about him," I began, I felt her shudder a bit, surely because she didn't expect to hear my voice, "he can be a bit of a douche sometimes..." she snickered and looked up at me for a second before dropping her head down again.

"No it's fine, I overreacted, I always do..." She now looked saddened. Great job, me! I opened my mouth and closed it again, unsure about what I could say, I repeated this action a few times before I heard a soft giggling on my right. I uncounsciously raised an eyebrow while trying to see her expression through her (H/C) locks. She brushed her hair behind her ear and smiled sheepishly at me.

"You don't have to feel bad about it," she broke eye contact to look at the floor for a second before her gaze met mine again, "we will patch up before the end of the trip, I'm sure about it!" She whispered, grinning widely. Just as she finished her sentence, someone walked up to her right from behind.

"Hey, look (Y/N)..." It was Dylan. He had never been one to stay mad at someone for ages, "I wanted to apologize for earlier... I know it was a dick move and I shouldn't have done it." (Y/N) turned her back to me so she was facing Dylan, "It's fine, I forgive you." She then tiptoed and kissed his cheek. Jealousy. Jealousy took over me and I walked faster, outpacing every single one of my friends. Suddenly, Jordon, who was the only one who knew about my feelings for (Y/N), slowed down.

"Uhm, hey guys, we've been walking for hours trying to find the right spot but, uhm... Everything looks the same and, I say we should set the camp here." He finished, looking up at the clear night sky, "Plus, it's getting real dark." he added emphasizing the last word. I stopped and began gathering a couple of wooden sticks to make the fire. I knew that neither Dylan or her were to blame, hell, what would they need to be blamed about? Me being fucking jealous? I should just go straight up to her and tell her how I feel, not wait and-

"Hi," (Y/N) spoke softly as she was filling her pockets with wood, " are you alright?" I did not dare to look at her but thought to myself that it would be weird if I didn't so I just shot my head upwards with the most genuine smile I could make.

"Totally!" I fake-beamed, I was glad that being a singer taught me how to fake emotions in my voice, although, she didn't look that convinced, "I'm just glad you guys didn't stay mad for too long." I tried to put every bit of sincerity there was left in me into this conversation, "Now we can fully enjoy the trip again!" I said half-jockingly as we were both pretty reluctant to go at first. She laughed and balanced all the sticks she had taken with her hands so nothing would fall.

"Yeah, right." She responded with sarcasm, "Well, see you for diner Danny!" she made air quotes when pronouncing the word 'diner', making me laugh. Yeah, good old toasted Marshmallows, or more like roasted for mine as I never seem to get them right...

*~. Time Skip .~*

"And there was light." George said as a tiny flame bursted through the little heap of wood. It quickly spread though and we were now all stretching our hands towards the fire, retracting them only to take the candies from the plastic bags and placing them on sticks above the fire. We were all seated in a circle, and I ended up next to (Y/N) who was next to Dylan. Speaking of the devil, he jumped up and clasped his hands together loudly making the flame shiver.

"I've got a story!" He exclaimed, gaining our attention, I felt (Y/N) tense beside me but before I could talk she rolled her eyes and laughed.

"Did you forget I was here?" Dylan locked eyes with her and smirked.

"Don't worry, nothing will happen to you." His smirk grew wider for a reason that stayed unknown to me as she had her back turned to me, again. "After all, we're all here to protect you." He winked at her while saying 'all' and she moved her head down, her hair slid down to hide her face.

Funny then proceeded to tell his story; he would sometimes look at (Y/N) and wiggle his eyebrows at her as I tried to contain my anger as much as I could. When his story began to send shivers down my spine, I felt a hand grasping mine... It was George's... Just kidding! It was (Y/N)'s. Her body slowly leaned onto the sleeping bag, her head rested on my shoulder. Suddenly, Dylan shouted while he made a swift movement towards us; Jordan, George and Jorel laughed while (Y/N) curled up to me as I rested my arms protectively around her waist. She didn't seem to be bothered by my gesture as she lay her head on my chest, trying to calm her breathing. We stayed like this until the end of Dylan's story and as soon as he stopped talking I noticed all the guys staring at me... And (Y/N) who was resting her head in my lap and also looking at me; smiling. Her hands came resting on my face as I trailed mine up her spine to her cheeks. Our mouths got closer while our breaths tangled in a hot mist; our lips met and I could feel the sugary taste of the Marshmallows lingering on hers, or maybe was it mine? Or both. When we broke appart, cheers and claps were surrounding us. A 'Finally' escaped Jordon's mouth and Dylan even whistled which made me confuse. Didn't he, like her? He must have understood the not so subtle look on my face as he chuckled.

"No man, I'm not into (Y/N). I was just teasing her because I knew she was into you!" I looked down at the beautiful girl in my arms who blushed deeply while biting her lip. I laughed and got lost in her (E/C) eyes but was brought back to reality when Jorel cleared his throat.

"You did take your time on this one, bro." He smirked looking at me while I just gave him a confused look, "You were not the best at hiding it. It was all just pretty obvious to me." I gave him a fake-hurt look which we all laughed to. Or almost all laughed to...

"Wait!" George exclaimed loudly, making the laughter die down, "Am I really the only one who wasn't aware about the two of them?" Silence... And everyone burst out laughing.

This cheerful attitude led to a very pleasant remaining of night. Soon, the voices faded away, there was no fire left, just a puff of smoke vanishing into the starlit sky. While this light felt so distant, I knew I had found my own... My own light. My shining light.

_____________________________

Author's Note: Hey! Just wanted to say... I'm actually pretty good at toasting Marshmallows... So, yeah... x)

Have a nice day!