Jordon Terrell - Duty, not Burden

/// Trigger Warning ///

Your POV:

Why am I so useless? Why am I not able to do anything right? If the guys fought it's all because of me.. They told me to choose a venue but finally it doesn't fit with their timetable for the rest of the tour. What a waste of space and air I am!

I buried my face in my knees as a hot river of tears flooded down my cheeks. I just can't do it anymore, I'm tired of all of this. I heard the door of my room open slightly; my hands became sweaty as they closed into a tight fist. Who can that be? I was alone in my appartment today... And I didn't even caught them entering here. My head shot up and I saw Jordon's face peek through the doorway, my heartbeat instantly slowed down as I tried to get rid of the tears that remained on my cheeks. In a matter of second he was at my side on the bed, running one of his hand up and down on my back in a soothing manner while he laid the other gently on my knee.

"Shhh, calm down..." He spoke warmly, "-it's all going to be oka-" As he was about to finish his sentence I got out of his embrace and went further away from him on my bed.

"NO IT'S NOT!" I screamed, going back to the position I had when he came into my room. I heard him sigh loudly.

"You can't beat yourself up for that forever..." I bit my lip as I was searching for something to answer but nothing came to me, "The guys forgave you, I forgave you." My head leaned up and I saw him smiling at me, "Plus, the one who fucked up is the manager." I laughed at that because I knew oh so well of what he was talking about; it's true that the man wasn't the best but...

"He did everything he could. We shouldn't blame him entirely." I replied resting my chin on my knees.

"Well, there's still a clear difference between November 14th and February 7th isn't there?" I giggled and nodded slightly.

"True..." A comfortable silence settled in. Jordon swingged his legs over the bed and lay next to me, closing his eyes. Then a question popped in my head: "Wait, how did you even got into my appartment in the first place?" His eyes opened sleepily as his left hand slipped into his pocket and got a key out of it.

"You gave me a spare key in case something happened to you, 'remember?" I facepalmed as memories of myself giving Jordon a key flashed through my mind.

"Yes, I remember, sorry." He chuckled and turned on his side to look at me, putting his head on his fist.

"We are going out with the boys later, wanna come with us?" Before I could respond he quickly added, "Nevermind, it's not an invitation, it's an obligation." I laughed and nodded my head once again.

"Alright."

*~. Time Skip .~*

Jordon's POV:

"Alright (Y/N), that's enough." I said louldy so she could hear me over the music playing as I grabbed the glass she was bringing to her lips. What a poor idea it was to bring her to the bar... I should have known better... She turned her head in my direction and licked her lips.

"Hello handsome, wanna share your bed for the night?" She winked at me as she stood up from the barstool she was sitting on. She came really close to me, grabbing the collar of my shirt as she tried to pull me down for a kiss; I pushed her away, firmly holding onto her shoulders and shook my head, looking directly into her eyes. I had been drinking too but I still had some control over myself, and even though I really wanted to kiss her, I wouldn't. I couldn't, not like this, not when she was in that state...

"My god (Y/N), how much have you been drinking?" The strong smell of alcohol emanating from her made me scrunch my nose slightly which is something that hardly ever happens as I am a designated drinker.

"Well, I still have some space if that's what you are asking..." She purred lightly. At the realisation of what she had just said, my eyes went wide and I forcefully led her outside of the bar.

"That's it, I'm bringing you home." I quickly glanced at the guys who were all laughing, sitting on a couch as Dylan proceeded to give a peck on George's cheek. Well, at least they're having fun.

*~. Time Skip .~*

"You go wash yourself, I'll sleep on the couch." I pushed her towards her bedroom because it was the only way to get to the bathroom.

"Are you sure you don't want to join me?" She placed her right hand on my chest and started crawling it down. I grabbed her arms before she could reach my waist and pushed her inside the bathroom. I heard her mumble something along the lines of 'You're no fun' but was too tired to make anything of it. I got back into the living room and switched on the TV as it wasn't too late. Oh, the first Lord of the Rings was on! It had already started a long time ago and, from what I could remember, there were only 30 minutes left of the movie so I decided to watch it.

When the credits started to scroll, I heard someone walking in the room. My first instinct was to kick that person's ass, whoever it was, however, the heavy footsteps and the almost inaudible sniffles made me think about it twice. I turned my head noticing (Y/N) in her pj's with a gigantic blanket over her shoulders. She gripped the fabric tightly as if her life depended on it. She walked silently towards the sofa and sat on it, bringing her knees to her face.

"I am so sorry..." She started sobbing. My mind couldn't comprehend what was happening, I was paralysed, "I am sorry for everything... I don't deserve someone like you." She cried harder and my brain finally gave me back the ability to move. I sccooted closer to her and wrapped my arms around her stiff body; her sobs were fewer as she leaned on my chest, falling into a deep sleep. I laid back down on the ccouch, bringing her with me as her fragile form cuddled closer to me. I caressed her hair, feeling her body lose all its previous tension and her heartbeat go slower in a soft rythm.

"You don't even know how much I love you." I sighed, wrapping my arms around her waist.

"I love you too." I heard her whisper. My heart missed a beat but slowly, a big smile appeared on my face.

I knew I was lucky to have her. She had her hard times, yes, but like everybody else. And they were so rare that I felt like I had to keep her happy. Bringing her joy won't be my burden, no... it will be my duty.

_____________________________

Author's Note: Hya! Well I don't have much to say. (I know, for once!) I just hope you enjoyed this One-Shot and you won't have an existential crisis because of it...

Alright! Have a great day!

Bye!