Chapter One

Donghan ^

Chapter One~

Running away was the only way Abby would receive peace—the only way she could ever escape her busy life. However, it wasn't that simple when she had security guards at pretty much every door in her family's mansion. There was one at the front door, three at the front gate outside and in the back garden. Abby's parents were smart and knew they were driving their daughter insane with all the events she was forced to participate in—that's why they hired the guards. Obviously, their intention wasn't to drive their daughter mad, but it was likely to happen because she was young.

"Don't, Abby. Don't do it... You'll get punished... Please, don't do it." Donghan whispered to himself--although he had no reason to whisper, it wasn't like Abby could hear or see him.

Every day, Donghan would watch Abby through her vanity mirror or follow her around, making sure she was safe. He watched her more closely when she stood up and stared at her bedroom door with tears in her eyes. Abby was ready to run out, but she'd more likely get caught than actually escape--Was it worth the try? Yes.

"No!" Donghan exclaimed when she ran for the door, her family was asleep but the security guards were high on alert in case of an attack from rival model families.

"Good evening, Abigail." One of the body guards greeted, narrowing his eyes at her since she didn't answer, but instead she kept on walking towards him, her right hand discreetly holding a tranquilizer gun behind her back.

"Good night," She said, causing a frown to form on his face. Abby quickly pulled the gun out from behind her back and shot him in the neck with the dart. The bodyguard went to scream but his eyes fluttered closed and his body fell to the floor within seconds; he wasn't going to wake up for another fifteen minutes.

Next step was to get passed the three guards outside. Abby peeked through the letterbox to see what positions they were in, and how she was going to take them out. She was a very witty girl, but her parents had drove her to breaking point at that point in her life. Now, her wittiness was no longer there. She's was losing herself and just wanted to get out of the house, out of her parents control! She was too busy panicking because she wanted out of there, yet all she had to do was get past the three guards.

"This is... probably not gonna end well..." Kenta said to Donghan after the two of them had climbed out of the mirror and rushed to the top of the stairs.

"I know, they're gonna catch her." Donghan replied, his heart racing with worry because her parents were already hard on her, so god knows what would happen if they found out she had tried to run away.

Abby reloaded her tranquilizer dart into the gun with trembling hands. She opened the front door very slowly and popped her head around the corner to look at the guards. Her eyes narrowed to get a clear view since it was dark out, and she shot at the guard closest to the mansion.

"Oh, lord, why?!" Kenta burst out, panicking even more since she was almost free. "Hang on... I got an idea so she can escape--"

"No! She can't escape, where's she gonna go?" Donghan slapped Kenta up the back of the head for his stupid idea of supporting her.

"She's rich as hell, trust me, she can manage--"

"She's only a teenager! Kenta, don't--"

Kenta didn't listen and he raced down the stairs to follow her out. She snuck around the back and climbed through the bushes but there was a guard patrolling on that street. The guard spotted Abby at the same time she spotted him. Kenta knew something like this was going to happen, that was why he wanted to help.