"Wren!" Leona grinned as he pushed through the crowd to stand by her side.

"Leona, what are you doing?" Wren snapped as he dodged a hex from Leila.

"Teaching Leila a much-needed lesson," Leona said with a smirk.

Wren groaned as he turned to face Leila. She was holding her own against her sister, but with Wren joining the fight, she was outnumbered. Michael Noble was watching and Wren knew he couldn't fight against Leona in front of the man to save Leila. He couldn't hurt Leila either.

Once again, Wren was faced with the dilemma of choice and consequence. He should have never decided to stay in the human realm in the first place after graduating from school. He could be back home enjoying the luxuries of being the Fairy Prince, not fighting a stupid bloody war. After this war was over, he was going to park his butt in the fairy realm and not deal with these crazy wizards anymore.

Even doing things half-assed, he was easily out powering Leila. His mind flashed back to the battle with Derek, realizing just how different the skillsets were. Derek had been his first magic challenge in a while. Even with Leila being considered on the higher end of the B ranked scale, this was child's play. A simply knockback jinx sent her flying off her feet. He had the opening. Leila sat up in shock looking up at him with tears welling in her eyes.

Cosmo, it's ok. Just trust me and do it.

Anna's voice had popped into his mind throwing Wren off. He couldn't believe she was ok with him hurting her cousin. Wren noticed a change in Leila's eyes as they flashed colder, her mouth opening in protest.

"What, no this can't be! Don't do it, Wren! We're supposed to be together!"

Wren faltered at Leila's words as his hand trembled on his wand. He felt Michael's eyes on him, burning holes into his back. If Wren let her go, he would be giving up his own life. If he killed her, he would be able to stay alive and prove his loyalty to the Resistance.

Bethany knew Wren harbored feelings for Anna at one point. Kas had also been assigned as his bodyguard before his death. The evil wrench was suspicious of Wren's loyalty in this war ever since that day at the hospital. Wren had slipped up a couple of times around Michael and the man had grown suspicious too. He had the perfect chance to prove his loyalty sitting right in front of him and it was a sacrifice he had to make, even if it destroyed more of his humanity. Well, fairies were practically demons anyways and he was half fairy.

Wren clenched his jaw as he turned off all his conflicting emotions. He was a member of the task force. This was the enemy and the enemy had to be destroyed. Leila continued to beg for her life, seeing the change in Wren's composure. Wren didn't care. He tuned out her worthless pleas as he pressed his wand right against her heart.

"Marwolaeth sydyn!"

A bright red light blast from Wren's wand hitting Leila as she fell back, eyes wide open. The noise from the battle dulled as Wren watched the body hit the ground with an echoing thud. His wand slipped from his hand, slowly falling to the ground as he looked on in shock at what he just did. The Samir kid was screaming her name in the distance. Wren didn't even try to move when he sent a curse flying straight for him.

"Idiot, snap out of it!" Leona screamed as she shoved him out of the way.

Wren looked up in shock as she landed on top of him, the curse barely missing her as it flew past. Leona had tears welling in her eyes as she stared at Wren. Wren had never seen Leona cry once in all the years he'd known her. Maybe she had some humanity left in her after all.

"I can't believe you did it," she said.

Wren nodded, still shocked. He looked down at his hands, the hands of a murderer. He was a murderer. This was the first time he had killed someone in battle. Leona gripped his hands, forcing him to look up at her.