The Letter |Ch. 15

"Connor, stay out of this. We havn't started yet," Emily said, walking up to Jake.

"There's only one rule: you're not allowed to talk unless it's to accept our deal. You agree to go out with me, or Kat gets it," she added.

Jake opened his mouth to protest but she held up a hand to silence him.

"Remember what happens if you talk when you're not supposed to?," Emily said with a grin.

Jake lowered his head, giving me a one second glance in the process.

Connor handed Emily the same bag she'd pulled our water bottles out of, and took out a tazer.

There were sweat drops around my hairline and my heartbeat went wild as she approached me.

She was about to trigger it and send a shock through my body, but Jake was faster.

"Stop!," he yelled.

Emily's smirk grew wider, if that was even possible.

"You're a lucky one," she said to me, putting the tazer back in the bag.

"You idiot!," I snapped at Jake.

Emily had no mercy. As soon as she had Jake, she'd kill me. And he'd never know. He'd think I'm safe.

"Now, now. Don't get all angry at him. Connor, do your thing. Ladies, follow me," she said, turning on her heels and cat-walking back out the door, Hailey and Jenna following her.

Connor gave us both a chicken sandwich, which he held for us as we ate greedily.

"What time is it? What day? How long have we been here?," I asked between chewing.

Connor checked his wrist watch. "It's almost noon and it's Saturday. You've only been here since last night," he said, his tone full of boredom.

I finished my last bite. "The police will find us. It's only a matter of time before they show up here ready to arrest you," I snapped at him.

"Did you notice we took your phones? I might've texted your parents and made up a little story," he said with a grin.

"They're going to figure out we're missing! And the police will arrest you!," I tried to convince myself.

"Shut up! Talking time is over!," he yelled, taking out his famous needle and stinging Jake with it, then gagging him.

Now it was my turn.

"No! Please! Stop! You're supposed to let him go! He agreed to Emily's deal!," I pleaded.

"We're letting him go on Monday, for school, and if he tries anything, we're bringing him back here. This is the last time you'll ever see him."

On that note, he stung me with the needle and I instantly feel asleep.

****

"I knew it was a stupid idea!," a voice outside my door said.

"Where else was I supposed to put him! Other than Eric and Ky's room, we don't have another option!," a masculine voice retorted.

"You're an idiot! This is all your fault! Catch him! I want Hailey, Jenna, Eric and Ky on it too! I stay and watch. I'll tell you if he comes back for her."

The door clicked opened, someone came in, and then it shut again.

I yawned and lifted my pounding head up to face... Emily.

"Are you in on it? Was that one of your little plans? They're going to catch him, you know. And there will be consequences."

"Wha-what? What are you talking about?," I asked, confused.

"So you really don't know?," she answered, giving me a suspicious look.

"Know what! Just tell me."

"He ran away."

My eyes widened and the corner of my mouth lifted into a smile. I was so proud. There was finally hope to escape this hell-hole.

I knew you could do it, Jake!

"How'd he do it?," I asked cautiously.

"The ropes and handcuffs, I don't know. But he used the handcuffs to unscrew the window, somehow, which he surprisingly fit through," she sighed.

"Stupid boys," she mumbled under her breath.

"If you're thinking of running too, just know we're not putting you in a room with windows, so your schemes won't work. We thought everything through," she added with pride.

"And don't worry, he won't say anything. He knows what will happen to you if he talks. As long as you're here, he'll never escape us," she added with too much confidence.

We'll see about that.

Short chapter I know, but I'm having like a less worse case of Authors Block. Don't worry though, it's only for this chapter. I already have everything planned for the next one c; Next EUG: 228 votes! Thank you for almost 2K ily!