The Letter |Ch. 14

I woke up to the sound of high heels clacking against the floor tiles as someone walked towards me.

I jumped into a sitting position and my heartbeat immediately started pounding in my chest.

Emily.

I took sharp short breaths as I sat there, finally awake after what felt like weeks.

I was tired, dizzy, and still handcuffed.

The first thing that came to mind was Jake. Where is he? Did they take him too? Why?

Questions I didn't have answers for, and honestly, it was too frightening to imagine the answers.

"What do you want from me? Money? I'll give you anything! Just let me go!," I yelled.

She smirked and pushed her hair behind her shoulders.

"I don't want money, I have plenty of that," she bragged.

"Then what do you want?!"

"I want to make you pay. Simple as that."

I tried my best to keep my calm. I had to show her she didn't bother me. I couldn't let her win this easily.

"Where's Jake?"

She smiled and shook her head.

"He's here, but because of you, he should be in the hospital. It's all your fault."

"What did you do to him! I swear if you hurt him, I'll kill you!," I spat nastily.

I wished I could smack that grin off her face.

"See, Jake's mine. He's been mine for a very long time. He just didn't know it. The problem is; he doesn't want to be mine. You get where I'm going with this?," she said, ignoring my threat.

"You jealous whore! He hates you! Everyone hates you! You'll do anything to get your way! This is a perfect example! Leave us alone!," I yelled.

"You're tied up and I'm not! I'm the boss here! I have control over you! Fight back and I'll have your neck snapped, got it?!"

I swallowed hard and backed up against the wall, feeling noxious.

"Why am I here. Tell me," I whispered.

"Hailey, Jenna and Connor are going to finish their job which was interrupted, only this time, he'll have to watch. Jake gets front row seats, isn't that amazing?," she said sarcastically.

I felt like I was about to puke. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I tried to wipe them away.

"He won't like seeing you hurt. The only way we stop is if he agrees to date me. He won't have a choice. Whenever he thinks of running away or leaving me, we'll bring him back here and beat you all over again. Forever!"

"I want to see him," I whispered.

"If only you listened to Connor's text, it wouldn't have came to this. You brought it onto yourself. And you both might die because of it."

"Both of us?!," I shrieked.

"Well, he's very stubborn. I can't count how many times he's tried to run away since he got here. And he doesn't follow the rules. We had to teach him a little lesson," she smirked.

The last meal I ate came back out from where it came in. The smell was disgusting and Emily gagged.

"You're gross," she said, wrinkling her nose.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?!," I shouted.

Emily crouched down and whispered in my ear, "The worst you can imagine, times three."