The Letter |Ch. 11

"That's not true, I'm sure many people care about you," Jake answered kindly.

I shook my head. "The only two people who cared about me passed away."

"I'm sure your parents-" He stopped mid-sentence as he finally caught onto it. "They're the ones who passed away, aren't they?," he asked sadly.

I nodded. "I live with my mom's boyfriend because the rest of my family's in Scotland. They didn't come to the funerals and they don't want to see me," I explained.

"I can't imagine how that must feel. I'm sorry for your losses."

There was an awkward silence for a few seconds. "Want to watch a movie? You know... get your mind off things." "Sure, what movie?"

"We can go on Netflix, I have my own laptop."

I agreed and he helped me up the stairs to the second floor, although I didn't need much help anymore. When a cute guy offers to basically carry you anywhere you want, why not take the advantage?

"You're getting better already," he said with a smile. "Yeah, the bandage really helped," I smiled back.

We entered the second room to the left. His bedroom was like any other teenage boy's: messy.

There was dirty laundry on the floor, his bed wasn't made, drawers to his desk were still opened, textbooks and homework were everywhere and there were many Pepsi cans laying around.

Not to mention the blue walls were covered with all sorts of pictures and posters, some old and crooked, some new and perfectly aligned.

But I couldn't complain. I never really cleaned up my room either.

"Sorry for the mess," he said, making his bed. "It's alright, don't worry about it."

Jake opened a clothes drawer and slipped a plain white v-neck t-shirt on.

He went back to his bed and sat down, grabbing his laptop and placing it on his lap.

He turned it on and brought his attention back to me. He patted the bed sheet next to him, motioning for me to join him.

I limped over there and sat down as far away from him as I could on the small single bed.

"Walking Dead?," he asked me. "I love that show!"

He smiled and played the newest episode.

****

I was at  walking down the school hall when someone pinned my arms behind my back and covered my mouth.

I tried to struggle out of the strong hold but the stranger dragged me to the girl's bathroom with force.

They only let me go when we entered. Hailey walked in front of me while I was still being held back by another figure.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't little miss 'I- insult- people- cause- I'm- so- fucking- cool'," she slurred.

"Let me go!," I yelled. The grip around my wrists only tightened.

"You're going to pay for what you've said. Emily and I won't let it slip," she continued, ignoring my pleading.

"I swear, if you hurt me I'll-" "You'll what?," she cut me off.

I didn't answer and lowered my head. "That's what I thought," she laughed hysterically, a hand on her chest.

"Dear, dear Kat. You're so easy to get to, honey," she sighed.