Mine 23

§§§ 23 §§§

After making sure that Tanya was sound asleep, hidden under his bed’s thick covers, Liam finally decided to face his men.

The time for waiting was long gone.

Dark forces were gathering around them trying to destroy the last hope of their kind and Tanya was an important part of their game.

“My lord” Gregory and his men welcomed him with their heads bowed as soon as he stepped inside his office.

Liam analyzed their stiff postures as they were waiting for his news.

Theoretically nobody, other than Jeremy and Nic, knew the girl’s real identity, but his men were no fools. Gregory and possibly others as well suspected that his strange behavior was related to her, maybe they even believed that she might be his mate, but they did not know that she was much more than that: that she was a Morgan.

“Take a seat!” Liam ordered looking in their deep dark colored eyes.

As soon as he said these words his men were already seated at the large rectangular black colored wood table, looking expectantly in his direction.

Gregory was Liam’s most loyal man and the leader of Liam’s guards. He was the pureblood’s right hand and he was sitting by his side since they were mere children. Their families were connected through blood their legacy extending over many centuries as Gregory’s family had the privilege of protection over the Harvey’s clan offspring. His rank and his blood legacy were recognized and respected by his comrades. Gregory was also appreciated for his intelligence and analytical skills, very useful in anticipating their enemies’ strategies.  

On the other side of the table, was Adrian, a black haired vampire with sparkling dark blue eyes. He was the oldest son and the only survivor of an aristocratic family who was murdered in cold blood in still unknown circumstances in a nocturnal attack, similar with the attack that destroyed the Morgan clan.

Liam and Gregory were the ones who found Adrian and took him under their protection, Liam giving Adrian the opportunity of becoming one of his bloods. In their group, Adrian was the most difficult bond that Liam had with his men. Because of the impressive power the vampire had running through his veins, almost as powerful as a purebloods, Adrian was sometimes difficult to control especially when something pissed him off enough to make him violent.

Adrian was a man of a few words whose body was covered by ancient symbols as a reminder of his origins.

Patrick on the other hand was a brown haired guy with dark chocolate eyes who had the gift of pissing off the others, especially with his seductive behavior. He was a ladies man after all.

Liam would have sent him away if it wasn’t for Patrick’s excellent medical skills.

“What’s up my man? Why did you call us here?” he asked annoying Liam once again.

David was Liam’s spy and a magnificent tracker. After all he was the one who found Tanya when she decided to run away. His blond hair was cut in an emo style, covering his intense green colored eyes. He had a small silver piercing in his left ear as a reminder of his decision to protect the Harvey’s clan last descendent.

Paul on the other hand was David’s best friend and the only turned vampire in their group. His story was not a happy one and the small cut on his forehead, hidden by his light brown honey hair was the only reminder of his human existence. He was the only vampire with grey eyes from their group.

And, the last addition, before Jeremy came along, who was still not considered one of them was Simon. He was a rare Asian vampire, an ace in IT, but still a kid compared to the others.

Jeremy and Nic were not allowed to participate at this meeting as Liam still did not trust them enough. In some ways they were still outsiders. Jeremy might be one of his bloods, since their bonding, but he did not want to involve the young vampire more than it was necessary in their business.

He had his men. Jeremy was only a way of creating a bond with Tanya. Nothing else.

“Always so eager for information” David accused Patrick which earned him a playful glare in return.

“You probably want to know why I brought a human girl to the mansion and who Nicholas is…” Liam began.

“And why the hell did you bond with Jefferson’s stupid kid?” Patrick added referring to Jeremy.

“Cool Patrick, always a charmer” David said sarcastically.

“What man, this is the truth. We did not need another addition to our group. It was enough that we had Simon, the Asian kid” Patrick complained.

“Hey, I’m not a kid!” Simon complained, stomping his feet like a child.

“See what I mean?” Patrick continued.

“Shut it Patrick boy” Paul warned while Gregory just shook his head.

“Silence!” Liam’s voice boomed in the large sterile office making every head to turn in his direction.

Liam was angry and worried. He rarely lost his control in front of his men, but the impending danger and Tanya’s disappearance and the fact that she was his mate and not to mention the last descendant of a very powerful vampire family has shaken him pretty badly.

And now his men could feel that something was wrong.

“What’s happening my lord?” Gregory asked.

“To make the story short, the girl is… my mate” Liam whispered uncertainly for the first time in his long existence.

“What!?!” Patrick, David and Paul asked all of a sudden.

“She can’t be… she’s just a human… a pureblooded vampire cannot be mated with a mere human… no… this is outrageous… this is unnatural…” they whispered constantly annoying Liam even further.

“Silence!” this time Adrian yelled, punching the table with enough force to crack the solid wood.

“Shut the fuck up so I can hear what Liam has to say so I can get rid of you quicker!” he ordered menacingly.

“She is not a human!” Adrian stated, surprising even Liam.

“What do you mean ‘she is not a human’?” Simon asked surprised while the others kept their mouths shut even though they seemed grateful that the kid asked exactly what they wanted to know.

“She is a Morgan!” Liam finally admitted.