Mine 20

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca 

§§§ 20 §§§

Tanya was going into shock. She could not believe her eyes. The men in front of her car were growling at each other like beast and were trying to bite their heads off... not to mention the fact that they were moving inhumanly fast.

They were not... humans.

She was certain of this and it scared her to death because her entire center, the things she believed into, shifted on its axis, making her question herself.

Maybe she was so stressed that she was seeing things.

Her attacker was fighting viciously against her two unknown helpers. His eyes were savage and crazed as he was looking directly in her direction.

"I want the girl! This has nothing to do with you two" he growled, a sadistic smile twisting his facial features.

"You can't have her. Why would you want a human girl, Jean Louis, son of Maurice?" one of the two guys, tall and blond haired asked.

"Why would two of the loyal men of the famous Purasangre try to protect a mere human girl?" he asked half crazed again.

"That's none of your business half blood!" a familiar booming voice attracted the three men's attention, their heads turning to the left, a few seconds later Liam making his presence known.

"What was he doing here?" Tanya tried to find a logical explanation.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a knock on her left window, which made her jump.

Nic and Jeremy were outside her car looking worriedly in her direction.

"Open the door baby girl!" Nic said soothingly which she did with trembling hands.

"Nic..." she barely breathed before she jumped in Nicholas's arms. His arms enveloped her instantly, his warmth sipping through her bones.

Liam's body was trembling in anger as he approached Jean Louis.

"How dare you try to kidnap a human girl? How dare you try to break the rules? According to the law you are sentenced to death!" he proclaimed menacingly.

Jean Louis smiled crazily.

"You will not have her... she's not yours pureblood... it was not your concern to protect this filthy human... I could have had her as I did the others..." he mumbled through his teeth.

"The others...?" Liam asked in a tone that didn't leave space for discussions.

"Filthy humans... They screamed so loud when I killed them... their warm blood running on my fingers..." the crazy man mumbled again.

This was all Liam needed to know as he attacked, breaking the man's right arm in a mere second. His left leg was next, which make him fall on the ground still grinning.

"Dear Jesus, this guy is crazy..." Jeremy said looking toward Liam and the crazy man.

Even David and Paul were shocked by how crazy the Royal was.

"Kill me..." Jean Louis screamed as Liam punched him in the face breaking his nose and his bottom lip which was now heavily bleeding.

Tanya looked too, Liam's predatory grace rendering her completely immobile. He was stalking her attacker like a large jungle cat would do with his prey.

She never saw something alike and she was petrified by the intensity of her emotions as her eyes followed Liam's fluid silhouette.

"Nic, he can't... he's not going to kill him... is he?" she asked with trembling voice.

As soon as her words left her mouth, Liam broke the guy's left arm, leaning over him with calmness as if he was in his element while breaking his victim's neck. 

He was a killer and now she knew it for certain. The dark side she saw at their first encounter was much more than just a bad boy look. He was a murderer and her brother was not afraid of them, of any of them.