Chapter 22

"Beyoncé-" Shawn started before being interrupted by his phone. He sighed and then answered.

"Hey Laila." I heard him answer. "Mhhmm.....yea....no, I'm already out. I'm on my way." He said before hanging up.

"That was Laila, she has a doctors appointment in the morning so she wants me to pick up Kenzie. She said she just looked at her calendar and remembered."

I nodded and Shawn started the car up.

"Bey, you know how I feel about my job." I didn't say anything.

"Just give me a few months to think about it."

Again, I didn't say anything. In fact, I didn't say anything until we got back home. Kenzie was asleep when she got into the car and stayed asleep until the next morning.

I already had breakfast cooked when she walked into the kitchen rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning, Kenzie."

"Good morning, BB. Where's my dad?"

"He's still sleeping. It's pretty early in the morning."

"Oh, what time is it?"

I kind of laughed at her. Like what does a clock matter to her. "7:30am."

"Oh."

"Yea, your dad should be waking up in a few. Do you want some breakfast?"

"Yes, please." Kenzie climbed up on the bar stool and I placed a plate in front of her. I cooked grits, eggs and turkey bacon."

I then fixed me a plate and sat down beside her.

"So Kenzie, how do you feel about spending the day with me?"

"My daddy has to work?"

"Mmhmmm, and so do I, but I'm going need a special helper."

"Ok!!"

"Good, now eat up everything because we have a long day ahead of us."

We're only keeping Kenzie until after dinner. Then, we'll meet with Zurie's grandmother.

"Good morning, everybody." Shawn said.

"Good morning, daddy."

"Morning" I mumbled. "Come on Kenzie, let's get dressed."

Kenzie nodded and jumped out her seat. I stood up and Shawn called my name. "Yes?"

"Are you still mad?"

"No, I'm fine." I said before heading towards the back. Before I could get too far, Shawn grabbed me.

"Can I help you?"

"Bey, just give me some time, ok?"

I shrugged. "I have to get ready for work."

"You're still taking Kenzie, right?"

"Yea."

"I think you're still mad."

"Shawn, I said I was fine. I can't make you quit your job and it's not even my place to ask you. We're only friends, that's it. Friends that can give each other great orgasms."

"What's an orgasm?" Kenzie asked. I forgot she was standing here.

"Nothing, Kenzie. Let's go get dress."

----

-Shawn

By the time I was out of the shower Bey and Kenzie were already gone. I mean I understand where she's coming from, but she's asking me to quit my job. I mean I've known her for what four, almost five months.