Chapter 11

-Dr. Carter

After seeing my next two patients at my office, I went to visit Beyoncé. I knocked on her door and she looked up at me and smiled. 

"Hey, Carter." 

"Hey, can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked without taking my eyes off her. She looked at the clock on her wall and smiled. "Sure, close the door."

I nodded and closed the door. I then took a seat at her desk opposite of her. 

"What can I do for you, Carter?"

"Bey, where are your parents, didn't you say they were staying with you?"

"Uh, yea, but they left last night."

"Why did they leave?"

"Does it matter?"

"Kind of. Beyoncé, I don't want to come in between you and your parents." I watched as her eyes flickered to the floor and then back up at me. I then noticed her eyebrow standing straight up. I think I may have hit a nerve. 

"Shawn-" yep, I hit a nerve. The only time she calls me Shawn is when she's mad. "I'm a grown ass woman, ok? What goes on between me and my parents is between me and my parents." Her next sentence was interrupted by her phone. 

"Excuse me." She said before answering her phone. I nodded and sat back in my chair. 

"Hello." She answered. 

-Beyoncé 

"Hey, Bey." Kelly said after I answered. 

"Omg, hey Kelly. Hold on one sec."

"Ok."

I hit the mute button on my phone and looked at Carter.

"Carter, are we still on for Saturday or no?" I asked. 

"Yea, do you want me to pick you up?"

"No, I'll drive."

"Ok, I'll see you tomorrow." I smiled and nodded. "Ok, Carter." I unmuted my phone. "Sorry Kelly, what's up, how are you?"

"Guess what?!" She screamed and giggled into the phone. 

"I'm about to leave Spain and tomorrow I'll be in NY!"

"Omg, for real?!" I smiled. 

"Yes!! Omg, Bey I'm so happy. I've missed you so much! I have to stop in ATL first, but afterwards, I'll be back in the big city!"

"I've missed you too! How long are you going to be here?"

"For two weeks, this is my break."

"Omg, yes, Kelly!!" I couldn't hide my excitement. My sister is coming home. 

"I know right, I am so happy."

"Yes, can you cook some spaghetti, garlic bread and fried chicken. Ooo, and make some-"

"Bey,  is that the only reason you want me home?"

"No, but I do miss your cooking."

"What have you been surviving on since I left?"

"Mostly fast food, some days nothing."

"Wow, Bey."

"Whatever, don't judge me."

"Too late."

I couldn't help but laugh. "Whatever Kelly I got ago my first patient is on her way in now, talk to you soon, bye."