Chapter 10 (Part 1)

Chapter 10 (Part 1)

-Beyoncé 

"Yo, I'm well. I don't need this therapy shit. Real talk, let's stop acting like you want to be here for me. You like my brother. Doctor, I'm over 18, I'm not a child anymore. You know I don't need this therapy, I'm just hood." David shrugged and sat back in his chair. This is our first therapy session at Carter's house. 
I looked behind my back to make sure the door was closed. 
"First of all, I treat patients all the way up to the age of 21. Secondly, you're right, you don't need my help. You're just bad as hell and you like to show off."
"Well, if you know that, why are you here?" He asked with a grin and I smiled and then shrugged. 
"I like your brother, a lot."
"So, you're using me."
"I guess you can say that."
David giggled a bit. "Well, my brother does need some pussy, it'll probably keep him off my back. I guess I can help you."
"Help me? I don't need your help."
"Have you made it to his bedroom yet?"
"No, but-"
"Then you need my help. I guess I could pretend like your therapy is working."
"If you know how to behave, why don't you?"
"Because, I like being bad. I get bitches that way."
"Why do you want...bitches...instead of women?"
"Because, women you have to take out, chill with, be a man to and after all that, you still have to wait three months to fuck. Whereas, a bitch, you can talk sweet to and ask them to just let you put the tip in and they'll let you." He shrugged. 
"Oh. You do know that you could catch STDs like that, right? Also, what if one of them get pregnant?"
"Actually, one of them is already talking about I got her pregnant, she hoe though. That baby ain't mine. I wrapped it up."
"That doesn't make it not yours. Accidents happen."
"It's not mine. Any who, what do I have to do?"
"What do you mean?"
"To help you.."
"Oh, just pretend like my "therapy" is working." I added air quotes around the word therapy. 
"Yes, ma'am what ever you ask for. By the way, I greatly apologize for the amount of disrespect I've shown you in the past few days. My behavior was preposterous and I must inform you that I am highly embarrassed. It will not happen again, Dr. Knowles." David said with a smile. 
I chuckled. "If you know how to speak correct English, why don't you?"
"Because, I'm too hood for that shit." He smirked and I shook my head. Truthfully, I think David could benefit a little from my therapy, but like I said, he's going to have to want to change. He acts the way he act because he wants too.
"I'm going to go get some water, do you want anything?" I asked. 
"Uh, no. I'm straight." David said as he pulled out his phone. I walked out of Shawn's study and landed in the kitchen. 
I grabbed some Fiji water out of his fridge and when I turned he was standing behind me. 
"You're a little comfortable aren't you?" He asked with a smile on his face. I opened my water and smiled. 
"Just a tad. I can get use to coming over here every night. Your house is amazing."
"Thank you, but I'm taking that water out of your check. It's not cheap."
"Shawn and I both started laughing. "What ever," I said as I took a sip of my water. "So, I think David will be ok."
"Good, does that mean he won't be needing your services?"
"No, I didn't say all of that. I think with my help he'll grow up to be a great man."
"Good, that's all I want."
"Yea, can you do me a favor?" I asked. 
"What can I do for you?"
"Let me take you out, Carter. As Beyoncé, your friend."
"You want to take me out?" 
"Yea, Carter, I really like you."
"Of course you do, you paid me to make you like me, remember?"
"I remember you giving me my check back."
"Excuse me, daddy." Kenzie said as she rubbed her eyes. Carter quickly backed away from me. "Yes, Kenzie." He answered. 
"I had an accident." She whined and Shawn sighed. "I'm sorry daddy. I dreamed that I was sitting on the toilet. I really thought I was."
I smiled at Kenzie. "We've all had those dreams before." I said. 
"Hi, Ms. Beyoncé," she said. 
"Hi, Kenzie."
"Daddy, I want to take a bath."
"Ok, Kenzie. Beyoncé, I have to take care of her."
I nodded and Shawn took Kenzie back up to her room. A few seconds later David walked in. 
"You and my brother fucked yet?" He walked in the kitchen smiling. I on the other hand frowned. 
"Oh, I'm sorry doctor. Have you and my brother engaged in any sexual activities while I was in the study. I mean, you've been gone a long time now."
I frowned and rolled my eyes. "I think we're done for the day." 
David chuckled. "Alright, alright, I'm sorry. But for real, I think my brother likes you, otherwise, he wouldn't have invited you here. I'm going to bed but wait for him, he might take you home again."
I nodded and David went to his room. I then made myself comfortable at the island. A few moments later my phone started to ring. I rolled my eyes at the caller ID. 
"Yes, daddy." I answered. 
"Beyoncé, it's getting really late. Are you still working?"
"Yes, I'm just finishing up with my last patient. I'll be home in a few."
"Alright, your mom and I will wait up for you."
"No, go to bed. I'll see you guys in the morning."
"We'll wait up."
I sighed. "Ok, daddy. Bye."
I hung up the phone and rolled my eyes. My plan is to leave for work before they wake up and go home after they fall asleep. I'm not sure when they'll be returning to Houston, but I hope it's soon and not later. After a few more minutes Shawn returned. 
"I see David went to bed." He said. 
"Yea, it's almost midnight."
"Are you ready to leave, I can follow you home again?"
I stood up from the stool and walked over to Shawn. 
"You didn't answer my question."
"What question?"
"Carter?"
He started laughing and I smiled. "I'm serious, Carter. Let me take you out."
"When?"
"Saturday, let me take you out for dinner."
"Do I get a movie too?"
"If you want one."
Carter smiled. "How about I cook dinner for the both of us Saturday night."
"I thought I was taking you out."
"You can help cook."
"Oh, Carter, I can't cook. No, I'll take you out to dinner."
"Let me teach you."
I frowned, "ok, if I burn down your house, I'm not responsible for any of the damages."
"When was the last time you had a home cooked meal, before the gumbo?"
"The night Kelly left. She did all of the cooking." Shawn shook his head and I smiled. 
"Don't judge me." 
"I'm not. Go get your things so I can take you home."
I nodded and smile and then walked passed Carter.

When we arrived at my house I got out of my car and Carter got out of his, we met at the door. 
"So, what made you change your mind?" I asked. 
He shrugged. "I don't know. I guess I like your bravery."
"My bravery?"
"You had the courage to just come out and ask me out on a date. I've never been asked out before. I normally do the asking."
"Is that it?"
"And that I missed you."
Lord, I started smiling and grinning when he said that. 
"You missed me?"
"Yea." He answered with a smile and I crossed my arms to keep the chill off my arms. It's the end of June, but it's still a little chilly at night. "So you do like me Carter!" I said with a smile. 
"I guess you could say that."
"Good, cause I really like you."
Carter grabbed my waist and pulled me in. "I really like you too." He said before kissing me. 
"Beyoncé!" I heard my fathers voice. I backed away from Carter and turned to see my father standing on the steps of my building.
"Yes." I answered him. 
"Your mother and I were worried so she sent me out here to go check on you. I was going to go up to your office but it looks like I don't have to now."
"Yea, daddy." I cleared my throat. "You remember Dr. Shawn Carter, right?"
"Yea, your boss." I bit my lip.
"Hello, Pastor Knowles." Carter said and my father ignored him. 
"Carter, I'll see you in the morning at work. " I said. 
Shawn nodded. "Alright." I watched as Shawn got into his car and once he pulled off, I followed my dad into my condo. 
"Daddy, I don't need you checking up on me." I said once we were inside. 
"Beyoncé I'm sick of you lying to me. I knew I shouldn't asked Shawn Sr. for this favor. I knew You couldn't handle it."
"What's going on?" My mother asked. 
"Your daughter is fucking her way to the top!" My father yelled. 
"I'm not sleeping with him! It was only a kiss and even if I was sleeping with him it wouldn't be any of your damn business!! I'm sick and tired of you treating me like a fucking kid. I'm grown and I'm doing well for myself!" I yelled. 
"Beyoncé, I'm your father and you will not disrespect me like this! I don't care about you being grown. I will still whip your ass!" My father yelled back. 
"Ok, both of you need to calm down." My mother said and I clinched my jaw together. 
"Look, I'm tired of the both of you treating me like a child. Kelly left and I don't know when she's coming back, if she comes back. And though I love her, I like living alone so when she comes back, she won't be moving back in here. And as far Carter, I really like him and since you think you already know, yes daddy, I've slept with him and no, he wasn't my first. I was with my fiancé and I lost my virginity in high school." I said calmly possible. I'm tired of lying to them. I'm a grown ass woman. A grown ass woman who's afraid to tell her parents that she's been fucking since high school. 
"Beyoncé, what happen to saving yourself for marriage?" My mother asked with tears in her eyes. I looked at my father who couldn't even look at me.
"Mom, did you save yourself for marriage?" I looked at my mother and her eyes dropped to the floor. 
"Goodnight." I said.