Chapter 21 (Part 2)

"Hahahah!!!!!" I laughed at the television as I sipped on Tequila. I'm on my 3rd glass and saying that I'm drunk is an understatement. For as far back as I can remember, I've never been able to hold my liquor. I'm sitting in Shawn's living room, watching his cable, drinking his Tequila and feeling like a queen. "Yes you did, cause my sister-in-law's baby cousin Tracy. She told me that she saw you at the show all hugged up wit some tramp. Now tell me who she was." I mimicked the television and started cracking up. This bitch had the nerve to accuse him of cheating when she have a man laying right next to her. "Mmhmmm well let me tell you what. You just tell the bitch, who-eva she is, when I catch her, Imma beat her ass!" I mimicked the tv and started laughing again. Once I caught my breath, I drunk the last of the Tequila that was in my glass. I was about to poor me another glass until a small screen in the corner caught my attention. It's a camera and it shows who's walking up to the door. "Shit?! What is she doing here so early?" I quickly got up from the couch and ran into their bedroom. I then hid in one of the closets. 

-Beyoncé 

I walked into the penthouse and closed the door behind me. Afterwards, I kicked off my shoes. Not because my feet were hurting, but because I didn't want to damage our hardwood floors with my heels. I walked down the two steps and right away I was in the living room. I frowned when I notice that David had left the tv on. I walked over to the table and grabbed the remote control. I was about to turn it off until I noticed my part coming on. "I don't think you're applying yourself, Smokey." I mimicked the television. 
"Huh?"
"You smoking my shit?"
"Hell no! Fuck with your shit?"
"You smoking my shit?"
"Now, why would I do some shit like that?"
"I don't wanna have to fuck you up, Smokey. Playing with my money is like playing with my emotions."
"Worm, you the last brother money I'd mess with. I'll steal from my mama before I mess with your shit. Now, you know this, man!"
"We'll see."
"Florida Evans lookin' motherfucker." I started cracking up before turning off the tv. Friday use to be me and Kelly's favorite movie. 
I sat the remote on the coffee table and that's when I noticed my brand new wine glass and a half empty bottle of my Tequila. When I left this morning it wasn't even open. Immediately sat my purse on the table a dialed Shawn's number. 
"Hey, you're on your way already?" He answered. 
"No, your-"
"Bey....I....hear..." The other end of the phone hung up. I tried calling him back but it went straight to voicemail, I guess his phone died. I sucked my teeth and tossed my phone in my purse. I sat my purse on the couch and took the glass and liquor into the kitchen. After putting the remainder of the liquor into the fridge and washing the glass, I made my way into David's room. I grabbed his iPad and walked down the hall to my bedroom. I sat the iPad on the bed and walked over to my dresser. I don't know how long I'm going to be at the hospital so I might as well change. I'm wearing a black pencil skirt, a navy blue shirt and black blazer, with stockings. I already know I'm going to get uncomfortable after a while. I grabbed some grey jogging pants and I white t-shirt and changed into it. I then went over to my closet and pulled out my grey and white Vans. After putting on my shoes I went back to my closet and grabbed a bag. Shawn is probably going to want a change of clothes too. 

I put the iPad and both chargers in the bag first and then walked over to his closet. 

-Toni

"Shit," I whispered before I dialed Beyonce's number. I got her number from Kelly when I mailed her the tickets for Tamar's concert. I heard Beyonce's phone ring and then I heard her suck her teeth. I then watched her leave the room. I sighed in relief before sneaking out of Shawn's closet and running into hers. 

-Beyoncé

I hit the ignore button immediately, I don't answer private calls. I put my phone into my pocket and walked back to my room. I frowned when I saw that Shawn's closet door was already opened. I don't remember opening it. I don't know, maybe I did, am I tripping? I shrugged and grabbed him a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, and some sneakers. After packing the bag I made my way out of the room and once again my phone started ringing. 
"Hello?" I answered. 
"Hey, Bey" Kelly said. "I'm outside, let me up please."
"Sure."
I buzzed Kelly up and up she came. 

"Hey, Bey. Can we talk?"
I nodded. We haven't spoke since I snapped on her yesterday. 
"Kelly, I'm sorry." I said as we sat on the couch. She nodded. "I was only looking out for you. I really like Shawn and I like seeing you this happy. Bey I can't remember the last time you were this happy. 
I don't know why I'm getting this emotional. Fuck my hormones. I wiped a tear that fell from my eyes. "Kelly, he really makes me happy. Like more happy than I've ever been. It's just Brian-"
"Bey, you do not love Brian. You just hate the fact that he's dead. That's it. Please, don't confuse the two. You haven't loved Brian since he cheated on you. Shawn is here now and that's who you love."
I nodded and smiled. "You're such a cry baby." Kelly said. 
"I know and I don't even know why I'm crying. But thank you and I am really sorry."
"It's ok, Bey. But the next time you get smart with me imma have to pop you."
I started laughing and Kelly smiled. "What ever."
"Well, I have a plane to catch." She said and I started pouting. "You're leaving already?"
"Yea, I came over here to say goodbye."
"Awwww" I hugged Kelly. "Where are you going to this time?" I asked as we separated. 
She sighed. "First, I'm going home because I have a photo shoot in ATL first thing in the morning and then after that, Paris."
"Paris?"
"Mhmm, I have a fashion show there."
"OMG, I wish I could come."
"Actually, you can. It's not for another 3 weeks. I'm just going early so that we can prepare for it. I can send you tickets."
"Please and thank you!" I smiled. "So who's the designer?"
"Girl, I don't even know. I do so many so they basically just run together. And in Paris, they all sound the same."
I giggled. "Well, make sure you send enough tickets down for my whole family."
"Bey, your family keeps growing. Imma need you RSVP. I need an exact number."
We started laughing. "What ever."
"Ok, Bey, I'll call you when I land. I'll. See you soon."
"Ok, Kelly." We hugged once more and then we both walked out of the apartment. 

I didn't realize I left the bag with the things I packed until I got to my car. 
"Shit." I walked back into the building and to the elevators. Since the elevators were taking their time, I decided to take the stairs up. I can use the exercise anyway. 

-Toni

Dumb broad made me miss half the movie. I frowned as I refilled my glass of Tequila and made myself comfortable again. "I'm gone remember that. Remember it. Write it down, take a picture. I don't give a fuuck!" I mimicked Smokey and started cracking up again.

-Beyoncé 

If you take the stairs, the closest entry would be the through the kitchen. That's one thing I don't like about this place. If you take the stairs cameras won't catch you because they're only positioned in the elevators. I walked through the door and froze. I know I turned that tv off. I ain't tripping am I? I mean when Kelly was here, we were talking and that tv was off. I ain't going crazy. I looked over at the sink and saw the dish I had just washed was missing again. Then, I heard her laughing. I already know who it is. I clinched my jaw and frowned, and immediately hit the police button on the alarm. We never use the alarm and we were actually thinking about getting it uninstalled because it's a waste of money. I walked into the living room and said, "I think you're in the wrong house."
Toni looked at me and smiled. "Hey, Beyoncé, I didn't think you were coming back."
"What are you doing here?"
"I came to see my pooh bear, but he hasn't made it home yet."
I can tell she's drunk. "Toni, you need to leave."
She stood up from the couch with the wine glass in my hand. "No, you need to leave, this is my house. Shawn and I are going to start a family here."
"Toni?!"
"No! You listen to me-" she yelled as she tossed the glass on to the floor. Now, I'm pissed. Like bitch, do you not see these hardwood floors. And how the hell did she go from 2 to 10 just like that? Bipolar ass...
"Let my floor have one scratch on it." I said calmly. 
"You think I give a damn about your floor when you just stole my man!" She yelled as she stepped on the broken glass and started heading towards me. I'm ready for this bitch...she can try it if she want to. 

-Shawn 

When Bey called, my stupid phone dropped the call. I'm so sick of Sprint, I might as well go with Metro PCS. Let them get an iphone... Anyway, after she called a new doctor came in and to my surprise I knew him from school. We caught up a little and I promised him that we'll get together for drinks. Anyway, he checked Trecie and she's still only 6 and a half centimeters dilated and her water still haven't broke. We said our goodbyes and I followed him out the room. I went downstairs and out of the hospital so that I could get some service on my phone, and then dialed Bey's number. Her not answering her phone made me worry because she should at least be on her way by now. I hit the end button and dialed the house phone. 

-Beyoncé 

I already knew who was calling and I guess Toni did too because she took off towards the phone. It was only a few feet away from her so of course she grabbed it first. 

-Shawn

"Toni?! What the hell, what are you doing at my house?"
"I came-" I heard some shuffling and then Bey's voice. "Shawn?"
"What is she-" was all I was able to get out before I heard the dial tone...oh hell. I shoved my phone in my pocket and ran to my car. 

-Beyoncé 

Did this bitch really just pull my hair? She pulled my hair so hard that it caused me to fall on my ass. With my hair still in her hands she started punching my face. Ole bitch ass move. 
She only got one good hit until I kicked her ass in the stomach. I kicked her so hard she fell...that and the fact she was drunk. She really tried it. I attacked her ass full force. I didn't know where I was swinging at, I just kept swinging. I know I got a jaw a few times because my hand is hurting like hell. That didn't stop me though. Since she wants to pull hair, I grabbed hers and tossed her ass on the floor. I started punching her and she started yelling. I don't know what she did but it caused me to fall. My head broke the fall. I guess the alcohol gave her superpowers because she climb on me so fast. I was still stun by the fall, I actually hit my head really hard. 
Now, I'm really upset. She went right for my face but I tossed her ass on to the floor. It wasn't until the police came and pulled me off her that I noticed the pain in my head and the blood on my shirt. I touched my head and felt blood. I'm hellah pissed now. I tried to run after her again but the police stopped me. "We don't want to have to arrest you ma'am." He said and I immediately stop. I don't do jail, hell no. 
"Which one of you is Mrs. Carter?" He asked. 
"Me!" We both yelled. 
This crazy ass bitch....
"Seriously, I don't even know why you asked that. Obviously, this is Toni Braxston." The second officer said. Toni tried to free herself from his grip. 
"So it was you who called the police?" He asked me. "Yea!" I yelled. "Ok, take her and get a medic up here, please." The first officer said and the second officer nodded and took Toni out. The first officer freed me and I sat on the couch. He took off his jacket and gave it to me.
"I'm not cold."
"It's for your head, you're bleeding pretty bad. Just apply pressure to it." "I have towels in the linen closet." I tried to stand but I got kind of dizzy. "Just use this."
I took his jacket and rested it on my head. "Do you want to tell me what happen?"
"She tripped me and I hit my head."
"I mean before y'all started fighting."
"She hit me first." I said before the medics came rushing in. They attended to my wound and by the time I was patched up, Shawn was running in. I filed the police report with the officer and he left. The medics stayed a little longer. They made sure that I was ok before leaving. They told me to drink plenty of fluids and to not go to sleep just yet. They also told me that my wound wasn't really bad, but they recommended I go see a doctor if I start to feel lightheaded or dizzy again. After they left I started crying and Shawn grabbed on to me. I pushed him away. "Don't touch me." 
"Bey, this was not my fault. I didn't know she was going to be here."
"Shawn, that isn't the point. What if Zurie was here?"
He didn't say anything. "Do you know that this could affect us brining her home."
"Bey, I'm sorry."
"Can we just go?" I said before heading to the door. "Grab the bag off the bed."
I heard Shawn sigh, but that was all he did. 

The ride back down to the hospital was silent. I didn't speak again until I spoke to Trecie and David. 

---

It's 10 o'clock and Trecie finally dilated to a 7. The doctors told us that they'll be back in the morning because that's when she'll reach an eight. 

"Bey, do you want to go get some dinner?" Shawn asked and for the first time since we arrived, I spoke to him. 
"Yea, and I'm tired."
"David, we'll be back in the morning." Shawn said and David nodded. He's half sleep. Shawn then went over and hugged Trecie. She's still crying, talking about it hurts. I hugged Trecie and then me and Shawn left. 
"So, are you speaking to me now?" Shawn asked as he started the car. 
"She said that she was looking for you."
He didn't say anything. "Shawn, has something like this ever happen before?"
Again, he didn't say anything.
"There was someone else before Mrs. Coopwood, wasn't there?" I asked and he sighed. 
"Kenzie probably doesn't remember, but when she was three a lady signed her out of daycare. She was missing for a whole week afterwards. We found out that the lady who took her was one of my patients. She didn't want money, she just wanted me. Anyway, the lady ended up going to jail and we got Kenzie back safe and sound. She hadn't been bathed, and she was a little dehydrated, but nonetheless, she was ok. Laila tried to get me to quit my job. She said it was either her or my job."
"And you chose your job." He didn't say anything. 
"Shawn, I know we just got married, but I don't think I can do this. Not, with you working as a sex therapist."
"Bey-"
"Shawn I love you, but I also love myself. What if she would've had a gun?"
"Bey, it's not going to happen again. I've been practicing for over 10 years and it's only happened 3 times."
"Three times too many. Shawn, I can't do this."
Shawn pulled over the car and looked at me.