Chapter 19: Reflecting

Angela POV

I slammed the front door as I stepped outside, blood boiling. I let out a frustrated sigh and I start to walk away from our home. (Y/n) and I just had a fight, and I needed some time to cool off. Usually when feeling frustrated or I need time to think, I would take a walk. So that's exactly what I was doing.

It was fairly chilly today, with a cool breeze hitting my face. I had my white sweater over my long sleeve shirt and some pants. My hands were in my sweater pockets as I walked down the street. It was a fairly overcast, but sunlight still shown through the clouds.

I figured I didn't really have much of a place to go, so I'd head to a cafe, get some coffee, and then head to the park to think. I started to head towards the direction of the cafe I usually go to and just think of several things that come to mind.

The first thing I think about is Overwatch. I had barely completed my doctorate before being picked up by the organization. In fact, I had been interning for them during that time. I was super young back then. Youngest in my class and one of the youngest people in Overwatch. The only person who was my age was Jesse McCree and Fareeha was only 12 years old. She wasn't really in Overwatch, but she was at the base, and her mom was important.

Overwatch had been a big part of my life. I had made several discoveries while working for them, from the damage boost to the creation of the Valkyrie suit. Those happened later though, when (y/n) had joined my division a few years later. We were pretty much the same age, except I was a couple of months older than him.

Flashback

"Dr. Ziegler. A word." Jack says.

"Yes. Sure." I say and put down my work.

He motions me over and I go to him. We start to walk down the hallway to the main part of the medical bay. During the walk, he's telling me the situation.

"So Angela. I know you are working hard on improving your Caduceus staff and your swift response gear." He says.

"Ja. It's been a bit more difficult since Moira went to Blackwatch. Despite her methods, she knew how to use biotechnology quite well." I say.

"That's part of the reason why I'm here. Ever since Moira joined Blackwatch and the other scientist you worked with is working with Winston, we found someone who will join your division."

"Are they qualified?"

"Of course he is. Otherwise he wouldn't be here."

"I know, but is he able to perform the necessary tasks in my division?"

"That's for you to decide."

We arrive into the main room and I see who my new coworker is. He has (h/c) hair, (e/c) eyes, and is fairly attractive in my eyes. However, I wasn't going to let looks or any feeling of love get in the way of my work. I had too much to do to be thinking of that.

"Dr. (F/n) (L/n), this is Dr. Angela Ziegler. She will be the head of your division and your coworker." Jack says.

"Dr. Ziegler. I-it's an honor to meet you." (Y/n) says, shaking my hand.

"Likewise. I take it you've studied in the medical field and have your doctorates." I say.

"Yes. I am a biochemist in the medical field."

"Ah. Chemistry. I'm not sure I have use for you."

"I'm sure I can adapt to whatever you need. Besides, everyone can use a bit of chemistry. Works well in science and with people. Besides, from what Overwatch has said, you need a new person to help with research."