Chapter 9: Waikiki

"Well, should we explore our resort and Oahu a bit?" You ask.

"Ja. We've got some time to kill before abendessen." Angela says.

You take each other's hand and exit the hotel room. You walk down the hall and head down to the lobby to see what the hotel had to offer. The lobby looked cozy, and was fairly big. There were Hawaiian paintings and hibiscus flower pictures as well as some plants outside.

"They have a spa here." Angela says.

"That would relax you, wouldn't it?" You say.

"Yes it would. Seems like they have a few restaurants here, too."

"So they do. A Japanese place and a steakhouse. Wonder if they're any good."

"Well, we could try them to find out."

"Or we could go on yelp."

"Haha. But that's not as fun, or tastes as good."

"I'm just saying there's more than one way to find out if it's a good place."

"Yeah yeah. We should head outside for a bit. Check out the pool and the beach."

"We didn't bring our swimsuits though."

"We don't have to swim. Just walk around the pool and on the beach. Then if we'd like to, then we can go up, change into our suits, then swim."

"Sounds like a plan."

You two walk outside and see the pool. Despite being very close to the beach, it was kinda crowded. There were kids playing in the pool while their parents watched them, playing Marco Polo.

"That could be us in a few years." Angela says.

"I hope not." You say.

Angela stops walking and looks at you, frowning "Why?"

"Because they have an odd sense of fashion. Who wears socks in their sandals?"

Angela laughs and smiles again, relieved. "I thought you meant something else."

"I know, and I didn't mean it like that. I love you, and I wouldn't want to lose you." You say as you two begin walking again.

"Danke (y/n). Ich liebe dich."

"Ich liebe dich auch."

"Your German has improved."

"Well, it is spoken to me on a daily basis."

"That is true."

You make your way down to Waikiki beach and start to step on the soft, white sand. There are several colorful umbrellas scattered throughout the beach with plenty sunbathers all over. In the blue water there were several surfers, most of them just waiting for the right wave or wiping out.

"I've always wanted to do that." Angela says, "but as you know Switzerland is landlocked."

"Why didn't you attempt it at Gibraltar?" You ask.

"I don't know. Maybe I wasn't up to it or I was too busy working."

"That sure sounds like you."

You two walk closer to the water and start to walk along Waikiki beach, just talking with one another. Your hands never left each other's, as you walked hand in hand with your significant other. A nice tropical breeze started to blow, having Angela's blonde hair move with the wind, making her look more angelic.

"You look beautiful." You say.

"Thank you. You look good, too." She says.

"Not compared to you, though."