Chapter 7: A break

6 Months Later
You, Angela, and several other doctors in your division were relaxing in the break room for a bit. Your fellow doctors were testing yours and Angela's knowledge of classic rock, the objective being to name the title, band, and year it came out. So far, you two had not missed one song.

"Okay, guess this song." Dr. Lindskog says.

She starts to play the tune. You smile and shake your head.

"Come on. Give us something hard. You Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC. 1980." You say.

"Jævla you guys are good. Alright, this is for Angela. What's this one?"

Dr. Lindskog plays another song for Angela and Angela smiles. You know why. You two were just listening to this in your office.

"Another Australian band? Down Under by Men at Work. 1981."

"Ha! It was 1982! That's your first wrong." Dr. Jackson says.

"Actually it wasn't. The album it was on, Business as Usual, was released in Australia in 1981 before going to the U.S. in 1982."

"Is Dr. Ziegler right, research team?" Dr. Lindskog asks.

"She's right. It was released in 1981 in Australia." Dr. Lee says.

Angela and you high five and Dr. Jackson apologizes. The other doctors are surprised at your guys's vast knowledge of classic rock.

"Wow. How do you guys know all of this?" An omnic doctor asks.

"It helps that we listen to this music while we do our tests." You say.

"Speaking of that, how are you guys doing with it?" Dr. Patel asks.

"It seems as if whenever we solve one problem, we run into another." Angela says.

"We were very close this one time, but the chicken couldn't move. Eventually we had to, you know, make a rotisserie chicken." You say.

"Sorry about that. You'll get it sooner or later." Dr. Patel motivates you guys.

"Speaking of the project, we should probably get back to it. Thanks for the fun." Angela says.

Everyone says goodbye and a song begins to play. Angela holds a finger up for you to wait a sec. she pokes her head through the door.

"The Chain by Fleetwood Mac. 1977." Angela says.

"Correct again, Dr. Ziegler." Dr. Lee says.

Angela laughs and catches up to you. You put an arm around her and walk back to your office where you start to prepare for the next experiment.

"Staff ready?" You ask.

"Ja. Chicken in position?" Angela says.

"In position and ready for experimentation."

"Okay. Begin the experiment."

You shoot the chicken and Angela attempts to resurrect it. The chicken starts to glow yellow and the shape of a chicken forms where it last was. You and Angela watch in anticipation, holding each other's hand. You hear Angela whispering in German to herself. You remain silent, hoping everything works out.