Chapter 14: Ana

You couldn't believe your eyes. Ana Amari was standing in front of you. You thought she had been dead, killed on the battlefield by that one other sniper. Yet here she was, standing in front of you, still having that same tattoo on her eye. There were two big differences though. One was that she was older and had grayer hair than before. The other was that she was wearing an eyepatch over her right eye.

"Well, aren't you going to invite me in?" She says and you stop zoning out.

"Right. Uhhh. Please. Come in." You say, motioning her into the house.

"Thank you (y/n)."

She walks in and Dread runs up to her. She smiles and lets the dog have a bit of fun. You know, how dogs act when they see new people. Licking and sniffing a new person, being all happy that they are here.

"Quite the dog you have, (y/n)." She says scratching behind Dread's ears.

"Yeah. Dread loves people." You say, still shocked that Ana was still alive. Not only was she still alive, she was visiting you! "Uhhh. Can I offer you something to drink?"

"Yes. I'd like some tea please."

You nod and go to the kitchen to make her some tea. Meanwhile you're thinking of so many things. One is that freaking Ana Amari, the legendary sniper, was currently sitting in your parents' living room. Sure you had met her before and done several missions with her, but you had thought she had died. You were devastated when you heard of this loss. Yet here she was, and you were preparing tea for her.

You come back with two cups of tea and give her one of the cups, bringing out some sugar and cream in case either of you wanted some. You sit down next to her and drink your tea with a bit of a shaky hand.

"Are you feeling alright, (y/n)?" She asks.

"Y-yeah. I think it's just the shock factor, you know? We thought you were...dead. The fact that you're right here sitting on my parents' couch is just...shocking." You say.

"I'm sure this is quite the surprise for you."

"Yeah. No kidding."

"Why don't we ease some of the tension a bit with some small talk?" She sips her tea. "So, you and Angela are together now. How has life been for you two."

"It's been great. Angela is currently in Germany with a colleague. Actually, she called me before you knocked on the door saying that she was on the airplane heading home. We, uh, actually just came back from Hawaii a couple of weeks ago."

"Hawaii huh? I've was there a little while ago as well. It's beautiful there. Unlike you, I was in Kauai."

"Yeah. Hawaii an amazing place. We'll have to visit Kauai next time Angela and I go there."

"What were some things you did there?"

"Well, we uhh, we went to Oahu and explored that island. We did activities like go to a luau and do some things on Waikiki beach. Did some snorkeling. A lot of swimming and sunbathing. We just did several relaxing activities."

"That was my favorite place I've visited during my retirement. I loved Kauai. Those luaus are some amazing shows."

"Yeah. We were both impressed when we saw ours. The food was great and the show was spectacular. Sorry for changing the subject, but how did you know where to find me?"

"I have my ways. I looked up where your home address was from the old Overwatch database and was going to ask your parents. I was actually fortunate to find you here instead."