Chapter 17: Life

It was another day at the hospital

It was another day at the hospital. You tended to some patients, performed a surgery, a few diagnoses, cured one patient, and kissed Angela a few times in the hallways and in your office performing research. Angela had an idea to make her Valkyrie suit fly and you were researching how to do that and expand on the abilities of her healing Caduceus staff. Just your normal day at your job.

You were sitting in your office doing some research for Angela as she helped Dr. Jackson with a patient. Don't Stop Believing by Journey was playing as you were on the computer, looking for some breakthroughs so Angela's Caduceus staff can heal or damage boost more than one person. It was harder than you initially thought. You close the tab and your screensaver of Angela and you together fills the screen. You wanted her to come back even though she had been only tending to the patients for a few hours. You still wanted to see her pretty face again.

You get your wish a few minutes later when Angela walks into the office. Her hair is a bit messy, but still beautiful in your eyes. She had a stethoscope around her neck and her lab coat was unbuttoned, revealing the black sweater she had on. This was kinda her signal that she was done for the day.

"Hey Angela." You greet her.

"Hey."

You quickly kiss and she plops herself down in her chair letting out a sigh. She puts her stethoscope on the desk and spins her chair to face you. She had her head tilted. Obviously she was exhausted.

"Everything go alright?" You ask.

She nods. "Ja. Patient was diagnosed and we started treatment for her today."

"Good. Sorry. Couldn't find any breakthroughs."

"Es ist in Ordnung. We'll just have to keep working hard."

"You seem tired."

"Today has just been a long day. I'm ready to just head home now."

"Alright. We won't be there long though. We're supposed to have dinner with my parents tonight. Then we can head back to the condo. Is that alright?"

Her eyes light up. "Yes! Of course! Das ist wunderbar."

"Alright. Then let's head home and change before heading over there."

You guys pack up and head home to change into some more casual clothes before heading over to your parent's house. They greet you at the door and you help set the table for dinner. Once everything is ready (and you play with Dread Pirate Roberts and pet Woodstock), you all sit down and get ready to eat. Dinner for tonight was (whatever food you want. I don't care).

"So what's happened in the past two weeks between you two? Besides you two getting engaged." Your dad says at the dinner table.

"I'm still so happy for you two." Your mom says.