Chapter 26

Juvia's POV...

I can't believe he could actually do this to me. I don't know where did I go wrong for him to do this to me. I'm still holding my cheek where he slapped me.

Flashback...

I was still mad at him. What he did last night and what he said confused me a lot. I was just staring out of the window when he entered our room.

"Juvia." He called me but I ignored him.

"Juvia, come here." He said but I ignored him again.

I was surprised when he forcefully turned me around to face him by gripping my arm. His eyes were burning in rage. My eyes widened. He gripped my jaw using his free hand. I winced in pain.

"G-gray...s-stop y-you're hurting m-me already..." I spoke, having a hard time because he was gripping my jaw.

"Don't you dare ignore me when I'm calling you. Are you deaf huh?!" He said in rage.

I tried to push him away but he was stronger than me.

"G-gray...s-stop!" I said as I accidentally scratched his forehead and pushed him away.

He touched the his forehead, it's was bleeding a little. I gasped when I realized I did that and tried to apologize.

"I-I'm sorry Gray...I-I didn't mean to--" A slap cut me off.

I looked it him with wide eyes as tears streamed down my face.

"Look what you did bitch! Damn it!" He said and walked out of our room, slamming the door shut.

End of Flashback...

I cried on my knees as I touched the area where he slapped me. I looked at the mirror and there was a dark violet colored on my cheeks. I touched it and I winced. I'm not crying because he slapped me, I'm crying because I'm hurt, hurt of the fact that he could actually do this thing to me. He vowed in front of God and of nature that he'll never hurt me...but what did he do just now?

I can't promise not to hurt you, but I can assure you, I will avoid hurting you.

I don't think so...You're starting to change Gray...I don't have any idea why you suddenly became a beast. What is really going on with you? I'm so confused right now...please make me understand...

...

I was drinking water when one of the maids disturbed me.

"Mrs. Juvia, Mr. Silver is here. He wanted to see you." The maid said.

"O-okay. Thanks for informing me." I said as I gave her a smile.

What brought him here? Thank God I covered this bruises with my foundation. I hope he will not notice. I went to the living room and there I saw him, sitting down on a couch.

"Good morning Mr. Silver...How can I help you?" I asked.

"Drop the formality please. Just call me Silver or Dad if you want. You're a family to me now anyways." He said and laughed loudly.

I was startled by his laugh. I immidiately gained myself and nodded at him then smiled slightly at him.

"Uhm...how can I help you, D-dad?" I asked.

He stood up as he walk towards me.

"Nothing much. I'm just here to know of you're alright here. My son can get out of hand sometimes." He said as he held my arms then laughed loudly.