29 | She Protects

Start from the beginning

   Zaku begn to explain what was his speciality. "You're next." Dosu annonced heading towards her. Lee quickly came in front of her. "Konoha whirlwind!" But it didn't affect Dosu. He places his arm next to his ear, amplifing the sound. Lee dropped unconscious.

     The mark started to burn as she saw Lee's unconscious state. Anger pulsed in her veins and she felt power surging into her. She had calculated their moves and their specialities.

  The girl sound ninja quickly appeared behind her holding her hair as she ranted about her glossy hair. She twirled a kunai in her fingers and cut her hair to free her from the girls grasp. "Oi, Zaku. Kill Sasuke in front of her."

   "I won't let you." She weaves signs, "Haruno Style: Deathly Needles." Zaku froze on the spot as the invisible needles transformed into shuriken to distract him. While he focused on them, the real needled pierced right into his stomach. She grabbed her kunai and cut her hair, to free herself from the girls grasp.

   "Might want to tend to him. Those needles are laced with poison. He'll be dead in no time." She grinned.

  "Chi? Can I control others minds?"

  "Sakura-hime. I do not know. No one in your clan has actually tried it!"

  "Will anything happen if I do?" She asked.

   "I don't know. Only the Yamanaka clan is capable of doing so." Chi told her uncertainty laced in her voice.

  "It's worth a try." Sakura answered.

   Sakura focused on the girl who had her eyes narrowed at Sakura. Zaku was groaning in pain as Dosu bathed him in dirt so the needled could be seen. He pulled them out. She squinted ber eyes trying to get into the girls blocked mind. It didn't work. She felt her neck burning and her veins surge with power. She saw wisps of purple smoke surronding her.

  "You little brat!" The girl cried heading towards Sakura.  She saw Dosu's eyes widen.

   "Stop! That mark!" He yelled after the girl. Sakura saw black marks spread across her body. She felt her mind going under an evil state and twisted the girl's arm close to breaking it.

   "Stop! Sakura, stop!" She heard her used to be friend Ino call out from behind the bushes. Shikamaru and Choji stood next to her, their mouths opened in shock. Ino bravely stepped forward occupying the girls mind. She fell unconscious in Shikamaru's arms.

    She felt her black marks vanish and she felt tired all of a sudden. She fell to the ground, clutching her head. Zaku took this as an advantage and headed toward her. She tried to get up but failed. Her body didn't seem to be listening to her mind.  Come on! Stand!

    "Hey fatso move!" Zaku yelled at Choji. Choji's ear twitched.
"I'm not fat! I'm just big boned." He yelled as he turned into a huge, gigantic ball rolling towards Zaku. Zaku dodged. He headed toward Sakura and pulled out a kunai. "You're dead." Sakura transformed into a log couple of times confusing him.

     "That isn't going to work on me again!" He yelled. She came from above a kunai in her hand. She embedded it right into his arm.

    "Looks like the poison hasn't spread yet." She observed. She held onto his arm as he punched her repeatedly. Just hold on a bit more. She told herself. She needed him to become unconscious. He finally freed himself from her and threw her against a tree like a rag doll.

    She gritted her teeth in pain and winced as she tasted the familiar metallic taste of blood. A purple smoke, similar to hers rose in the air. She saw Sasuke standing unbalanced as he stared at his hands and grinned evilly. He looked at Sakura and then Zaku. "This power. I've never felt so powerful. I'd do anything to attain power even if it means being pulled into darkness."

   In a swift motion he had Zaku under him, his left arm behind his back. He dislocated his shoulder as Zaku screamed. Sakura watched in horror her eyes never leaving Sasuke. Had she did the same when she was in that state? If she did, she vowed to never use the power Orochimaru had so called gifted her.

  "That's enough!" She yelled, grabbing his arm. His marks slowly disappeared.

   "Spare me. Here take the scroll and spare me." Dosu threw the earth scroll on the ground and picked his teammates before leaving.

  "If you're hungry, there's some fish there." She interrupted the Uchiha boy. She headed slowly to the unconscious Lee and placed a hand over his ears. With little chakra she had left she healed him. Ino bent over to pick Lee up. Tenten came from her hidden spot and took Lee from Ino.

   Naruto woke up a while after confused on what was going on. He gaped as he eyed Sakura's hair. "Sakura! Something happened. Like really bad happened to your hair!"

   Sakura smiled at the blonde. "I thought I should cut my hair since I'm always going to be in this wilderness." She explained.

   He blinked his eyes and looked at Shikamaru, Lee, Choji, Ino and Tenten. "Why are you guys here?"

  "They came to help." Sakura answered as Ino fixed her hair. "Thank you, Lee." She said to the boy. He looked like he would die of happiness.

   "What's your story?" Naruto asked them.

   Shikamaru sighed, "What a drag. Naruto, you're one of a kind. And I mean the kind that gets on my nerves."

• • •