Chapter 19- Stuck

After the last school bell rang, Richie left in a hurry and ran to the Hospital.

He waited patiently to be let into Eddies room and then, finally, he went in to see his boyfriend. "Mr Tozier?" Richie turned to see a tall man standing behind him. A doctor. "Yes?" Richie asked, not really wanting to talk to anyone other than Eddie."May I talk to you for a moment?" The doctor asked as they stepped outside of the room.

"Now Mr Tozier i understand you and Mr Kaspbrak are close?" The doctor asked kindly. "Yeah he's my boyfriend." Richie said. "Well Eddie is ready to come home and live almost normally now.." The doctor continued and Richie grinned happily at the thought of Eddie being home again. "However, his mother is not." Richies smile faded and was replaced with confusion. "Okay? So what are you trying to say?" Richie asked persistently. "If its okay, i was hoping you and your parents would take Eddie into your home until his mother is well enou-" The doctor started but Richie chimed in. "YES YES YES!" He said excitedly as his eyes widened and a smile crossed his face.

Richie went back into Eddies room and sat down, still fiddling excitedly from what had happened. "Guess what Eds!" He exclaimed. Eddie looked over at him but didn't say anything. "You're coming to live with me!" Eddie smiled and Richie saw his eyes light up a bit. Then Eddies smile vanished. "Your parents." He said plainly. Richie realised what he meant almost immediately. "Shit." he mumbled. His parents would never let Eddie stay...
"I'll convince them Eds." Richie said finally. And with that, he ran home in a rush.

Richie burst into his living room. "Mom!" He yelled and his mother came strolling in as if on cue. "Mom! Hey! i have to ask you something." Richie suddenly was hit with a wave of nervousness as his mother stared back at him expectantly. "Can Eddie stay with us for a while?" He blurted out. He started backing away slowly as his mom came towards him, her eyebrows furrowed. "What did you say Richard?" She backed him into a corner and he stayed there, scared to death, but not yet ready to give up. "Please mom its not permanent its just until his mom is well enough to take him back home!" He braced himself but nothing happened. He opened his eyes carefully and looked up to see tears in his mothers eyes. She backed away and leaned against the back of the couch for support. "M-mom? Whats wrong?" Richie was so confused. His mother never cried.  "Sonia is in hospital?!" She cried out. Richie forgot how they were friends since middle school. "Mom..." Richie muttered and walked up to her, wrapping her into a tight hug.

"Y-yes Richie, Eddie can stay as long as he needs..." His mother said quietly and Richie smiled to himself. "Thank you. So much mom..." He kissed her on the cheek and ran back to the Hospital.

"EDDIE!" Richie said, bursting through the door. Eddies eyes flew open as he looked over at his excited boyfriend. "My mom said yes!" Richie cried happily. Eddie stared at him in shock. He smiled at Richie and then lay his head gently back onto his pillow.

2 Days later, Eddie was moved into Richies. The doctors lectured him about Eddies pills. When to take them and which ones to take. your going to have to watch him closely Mr Tozier. Like a babysitter i guess. Thats what the doctor had said to him but Richie loved it. He thought it was kind of adorable. Eddie slept on Richies bed and Richie slept on the floor right next to him. He would watch him and he would protect him no matter what. But Eddie hardly noticed the change....