Chapter 7- Family Issues

At the end of that dream of a day, Richie Tozier and Eddie Kaspbrak walked out of the school grounds hand in hand, with the stupidest smiles plastered on their faces.

Then their dream was interrupted by Richies mother yanking him away from Eddie. "Ow! Ma please don't do this now. Lets just go ho-" Richie begun. "Richard Tozier!" His mother boomed. "so," she continued, eyeing Eddie carefully. She still had a tight grip on Richies arm. " you're the boy that my Richie has been spending time with...." she snarled at Eddie who was standing alone in front of the tall woman who towered over him, making his hands shake. He gulped and then answered "Y-yes Mrs Tozier..." she shook her head and shoved Richie towards her car. Richie turned back and gave Eddie an apologetic look before the car door slammed in front of his face.

As Eddie walked home alone he couldn't help but think that his mother was going to react just like Richies, maybe even worse. He tried to push the thoughts out of his head and think about the kiss instead.

He arrived home and opened the door to see his mother pacing nervously in the living room. "Mom?" he said quietly. She whipped around and rushed towards Eddie, scanning him for injuries. "Oh god Eddie Bear!!! Are you okay? Mrs Tozier called and said you were with her son. Did that stupid boy hurt you?!" Eddies heart burned with sudden rage as he shoved his mothers trembling hands of of him. "What?! No! don't call Richie stupid! He's the best person i have ever met my entire life!!!" Eddie had never ever stood up to his mother and as soon as the words left his mouth his face flushed a shade if red and his mothers eyes narrowed. "What did you just say to me Eddie?" she growled. " This Richie boy has made you sick...." she said in a low voice that actually creeped Eddie out "You will not see him again. Do you understand me Eddie Kaspbrak?" she continued. Eddie knew that fighting her was no use so he nodded plainly and ran upstairs.