Chapter 17- Pain

Richie had never cried so much in his life. Like yeah of course he has cried before but never ever like this. He was shaking and sobbing loudly. Once he was stable enough, he ran upstairs and packed a bag, preparing to stay overnight at the Hospital.

an hour before

Richie walked home, dragging his feet and letting a few tears slide down his cheeks. When he got home he slumped up the stairs and fell face down into his bed quilt. He didnt know how long he had been laying there before he heard the wall-phone ring downstairs.

He reluctantly slid of his bed and onto his feet. He reached the bottom of the stairs and turned to look and where the phone rang persistently in the kitchen.

He took it off its mount on the wall and pressed it gently to his ear. "Hello?" he mumbled. " Hello is this Mr Richie Tozier?" The lady on the other end asked with a worried tone. "Uhm y-yes? Who's asking?" He was suddenly very interested in what she had to say. "Hi my name is Sylvia and i'm from Derry Hospital. You've been asked for by one of our new patients of the name Eddie Kaspbrak." Richies breath hitched as he tried not to yell. "W-what happened to him?! Is he okay?" He felt his heartbeat quicken. "Eddie and his mother were in quite a brutal car crash on their way out of Derry. Eddie woke up yesterday and the only thing he has said since is how he needs to talk to you. Richie.... we don't know how long you might have to talk with him." The lady said slowly in an attempt to keep Richie calm. "T-thanks i'll be down soon." He broke down crying as he curled himself into a ball on his kitchen floor.

Once he was stable enough, he ran upstairs and packed a bag, preparing to stay overnight at the Hospital.

Everything seemed to be going in slow motion as Richie sprinted down the corridor of Derry Hospital. He reached Eddies room and prepared himself to enter when he saw a figure sitting next to him. When it stood up Richie almost screamed in anger. He barged into the room to face Alexs shadowy, intimidating smile.

"Get out." Richies voice cracked. He was trying so hard not to yell. Thankfully, Eddie was asleep. "But of course!" Alex exclaimed. She started walking but before she left she leaned in to whisper in Richies ear. "I told you you would pay Trashmouth." She growled lowly. Richie turned to yell at her for hurting his baby but before he could speak, she was on the other side of the Hospital door.

He turned back to his boyfriend who lied unconscious in the plain white bed. He had bruises and scratches all over the right side of his face. Richies heart started beating faster as he looked at what that psycho girl had done. "Eds..." Richie whispered as he kneeled down beside the bed. "I love you..." He felt tears start to fall as he listened to the steady beeping of the machines around him. Then all of a sudden "I love you to Rich.." Eddie mumbled opening his eyes. Richie laughed and wiped the tears from his puffy eyes. "Oh Eddie you gotta stop doin that." Richie sighed happily.

"Alex, she-" Richie started but Eddie cut him off. "I know. She thought i was asleep and she was saying things..." Eddies eyes teared up. "She was saying terrible things Rich!" Eddie started to sob. "Shhh Eds its okay i'm here now." Richie wrapped his arms around his trembling boyfriend and there they stayed until a nurse came in and showed Richie to the waiting room.

The room was quiet yet tense as Richie waited patiently to be let back into Eddies room. He started to doze off when all of a sudden there was shouting. Richies eyes flung open as he saw nurses and doctors rushing around and two of them sprinted into Eddies room. Richie stood up and started to panic. He ran up to Eddies door and peered into the small rectangular window. Eddie was seizing and froth was pouring out of his mouth. "EDDIE!! Eddie no!" Richie yelled before he was gently pulled away from the door and lead back to the waiting room.

"NO STOP THATS MY BOYFRIEND NO YOU HAVE TO LET ME BACK IN PLEASE! I HAVE TO HELP HIM!" Richie yelled trying to squirm out of the doctors grip. "Shhhh Mr Tozier i know... i know..." The doctor rubbed Richies back and sat him down as tears started to flow down his cheeks.

It seemed like years before Richie was woken up by one of the nurses that Richie recognised as one of the nurses that had rushed into Eddies room. "Y-yes! Hi! Eddie, is he okay?!" Richie stuttered as his eyes widened in anticipation. " Richie...." The nurse smiled sweetly but Richie could hear something off in her voice... "Im Abigail. I- i need to talk to you about your boyfriend, Eddie Kaspbrak...."

ayyyyyy CLIFF HANGER! xx -LH