Chapter 4- Realisation

Eddie had run all the way home  before he realised he could barely breathe. He shoved his inhaler in his mouth and pulled the trigger, breathing the medicine into his lungs.

He ran up the stairs to his room and shoved his face into a pillow as he began to cry, tears stinging his eyes and soaking the soft fabric beneath him. He didnt know how long he had been sitting there before he heard his front door slam shut and footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Eddie?! Eddie where are you?" It was Richie. The bedroom door swung open and Richie gasped when he saw Eddie clutching a pillow to his chest sobbing quietly. "Oh my god Eds..." Richie sat down next to him and wrapped an arm around Eddies back. Eddie shrugged him off and looked up into his friends eyes. Richie realised how his heart started beating so much faster when he saw Eddies tear stricken face.
"I dont even know you Richie." Eddie said coldly. But it didnt stop Richie from trying to comfort him. "Well then," Richie smiled "lets get to know each other."

They sat there on Eddies bedroom floor telling each other facts about one another and Eddie started laughing at some of the ridiculous things Richie said. " Oh and there was one time when i was 10 when i was playing dodgeball at a family reunion and i accidentally threw the ball at my grans head and hit her wig straight off onto the floor!!!" Richie had said and Eddie burst out laughing. And they stayed like this until the sun went down.