Finding you

2 weeks before school ends Prom is today

It's been several months since I told Madge and life has been rough and very emotional. I ended up telling Finnick and Annie because they are like family and they promised to keep it a secret. Finnick and I have gotten closer in a friendly way and same with Gale they started calling me their little "sister" even though I'm a month older then both of them. Peeta has become a bigger asshole everyday it started from "bumping" into me to spreading rumors like I'm pregnant, but it just doesn't seem to add up because he has moments where he makes eye contact with me and has these big blue eyes that seem so caring and so gentle but them they turn a musky blue and then he leaves to his bitch of a girlfriend Taylor who also pisses me off.
Right now I'm doing my hair and makeup with the girls because today their dragging me to the last prom I'll ever be able to go to. But I still choose to stay home if I could.

"Hold still" Annie says curling my last piece hair which she probably is burning off.

"Okay now for your makeup, is it okay if it can just be me and Katniss for a second" Madge speaks up and the girls all leave closing the door.

She gets out foundation and starts putting it on my face

"So Katniss how are you" she starts.

"I guess I'm fine why" I question as she starts blending it all around my face.

"You know what I mean, are you fine with seeing Peeta tonight"

"I mean it's going to happen its not like I haven't seen him in a suit before" my tone is filled with sadness but also a bit of anger.

She continues doing my makeup without saying a single word, Madge's way to make me think about things.

In ways I have gotten over Peeta I don't cry about him anymore or call for him in my nightmares I just kinda deal with the fact he's not coming back. I've told Prim everything too I almost forgot about her with everything I've been through I haven't even talked to my parents or her I always used to talk to them before the accident but then I kinda kept it all bottled up inside.

"Okay you can look now" Madge says spinning the chair around.

The girl I see sitting infront of me doesn't look hurt or scared she's beautiful. My brown hair cascades in long barrels down my back, my skin is flawless and my eyes are smokey, my cheeks are pink and lips are a glossy nude color. I turn to Madge who looks similar with the makeup but her eyes are smokey purple with pink lipgloss.

"I wanna cry so much right now your my bestfriend and thank you for everything. I love you so much!" I say hugging her tightly.

"Please don't cry your makeup looks amazing, and don't worry about any idiots tonight Finnicks got it covered" she smiles and I giggle.

She leaves me alone to put my dress on and my final touches.

My dress lays draped over my bed. It's a white formfitting dress that has silver crystal all over the top and it flows down like a waterfall. I slide the dress on and zip up the back I twirl around in satisfaction. I grab my clutch and slide my phone and keys in it. Before I leave I put on silver pearl earrings and my silver heels."Here I go" I say opening the door.
I take the last step down and everyone turns. Everyone gasps and Madge look like she wants to cry, my parents and Prim look happy as they take pictures of me.

"Katniss your so grown up now what happend to my little sister who liked to wear nothing but sweats" Finnick says twirling me around.

"I guess I grew up" I smile. All the girls crowd around me.

"I love your dress"

"Your so pretty"

"I love you sis"