Chapter Thirty - I Missed You

Start from the beginning

Being bait certainly wasn't your favorite thing, but you believed it'd get the job done. Plus, you were the most important part of this master plan after-all, so that made you automatically important, of course. Inside, you were just trying to make yourself comfortable with this whole situation, and you already felt the heated desperation welling up in your mind. That's exactly why you did this plan in the first place, out of severe desperation for the crazed Halloween sprite to be forcefully removed and shoved back behind the moon, hopefully to be restricted from this planet for good.

Alright... Just wander out here, and you know most certainly well that he'll find you as always... You thought yourself, taking several steps forwards in a quiet manner, seemingly appearing to try and act confident even though you were shaking in your boots over here. It was obvious you were nervous of doing so, glancing around rather frequently at the surrounding area, studying how the tree's branches gently swayed in the nightly breeze, watching as a few piney needles flaked off the branches and fell to the forest floor calmly. It almost appeared peaceful, especially when you knew that Ethan, Markus, and Ray Sunshine were tracking you from afar, Ethan being the closest and Mark and Ray being the furthest back. However, the peace was short-lived, the obvious sensation of being watched beginning to way heavy the more time progressed.

"... Alright, Xavier!... I'm-... I'm sorry! I'm sorry, okay?..." You called out suddenly, just as Markus said would be the most clever idea. Most likely however, you figured Markus had told you to say that so Xavier would understand you weren't a threat, and wouldn't hurt you. Mark couldn't let you get hurt, even when he himself knew very little of fighting in general, he wouldn't let someone try to harm you even if it meant his own death. He's already proven that kind of loyalty once, thanks to the car chase sequence that nearly ended the boy's life previously.

"Do you really think that's all it takes?" The voice of Xavier sounded out of nowhere as you were lost in the memories of Markus and Kia Souls, and you whirled around to face the Halloween Spirit, figuring the source of the voice from how easily it echoed along the trees. Your eyes widened immediately, staring upon Xavier himself. Standing in the dim lighting of the cold midnight forest, the Jack O' Lantern atop his head was offering a rather frightening and ghoulish frown, as if the pumpkin were dying and rotting away, it's mouth stretched downwards in a creepy frown while it's eyes sagged tiredly. It was no longer a round pumpkin, more elongated, wrinkled, and clearly perishing. The crimson lighting flickered from within the eye sockets and deep frown, lighting up the ground before him as he found your face in the cold dark woods. "You think I'm so... Forgiving, (Y/N)? Do you think I really want to take you back after what you've done?" He questioned with an acidic hiss, a child-like squeak at the end. Slowly reaching up and removing the pumpkin from atop his head, the man appeared taller than before, much taller than you with dark circles forming under his dark brown chocolate eyes. The curly undercut he possessed drooped down in front of one of his eyes, a smear of blood going across his cheek from an unknown source. He stood tall, walking across the forested area with a grin on his face, one that was coy, but mischievous like a child's. He wore that black cloak that you had begun to loathe, covering his body with the hood down his back, all while older blood appeared to glimmer.

Where is the life that I used to recognize?... You thought to yourself in disdain and grief, taking a step away from the man with the toxic expression. "I'm... I'm so sorry, Xavier... I didn't... I didn't know what else to do..." You murmured gently, already smelling the scent of candy corn and inky blackness both crudely mixed together on his clothing and body. The man strode up towards you, as if he could not wait too long before obtaining his prized possession, suddenly enveloping you in a tight embrace with both arms locking on, which caught you off-guard easily, having expected a threat or even a slap.