Chapter Twenty-Five - Bloody Asphalt

(Hello! ^-^ I appreciated all your comments to my question from last chapter, it's always interesting to see what ships you all like, and which character you like the best! ^-^

I also have more news! I'd like to thank Teal Cat for the amazing fan art of Xavier! - Shown in the picture - and I'd like you all the go show them some love for doing the piece! ^-^

Teal Cat Insta: https://www.instagram.com/teal_cat_art/

Teal Cat Quotev: https://www.quotev.com/TealCats

If you've made a fan art piece for Candy Heart, you can just message me a link to it and I'd like to display it on a chapter for you! <3

I also have some more good news! Welcome to 200 pages in total!)

Xavier pushed himself up against you slightly, his lips greedily beginning to squish against yours in a desiring manner, hand flying over to grip ahold of your waist instantly. However, before he could come closer, you now placed a soft palm against his chest, pushing the male away, whom reluctantly followed the demand. Although even then he still craned his neck to make sure the kiss lasted as long as possible, his tongue flicking over your lower lip briefly. "Stop, Xavier..." You muttered, closing your eyes slightly as you now felt conflicted, wrong and right at the same time as you shoved him away. He could be lying... But... It looks.. So real... But in the beginning, it looked real, too. You thought, biting ahold of your bottom lip roughly for a long moment, both guilt and hatred rising in your heart at the situation, and at Xavier.

"What's wrong?..." He murmured innocently, allowing his hands to slip free from your hip, his fingers finding themselves intertwined with yours lovingly.

"... Nothing..." You murmured, gazing up to him, and staring into his eyes for a long moment. Your lips felt as though they were on fire, whether out of a mere blush or possibly out of guilt, or embarrassment at how easily you had accepted his lips on yours. It was disturbing.

"Well, it has to be something..." He frowned, although soon returned a smile to his face as his eyes glimmered with love and desire. "Hey, you know how much I love you, right...? Look... If you don't want to get this far, and plus, you're probably really nervous-" He offered, scratching the back of his head and giggling softly. "... Why don't you just promise me that... Hm..." He thought for a moment... "How about you just give me a simple handshake? Like a promise that I'll go slow, as long as you stay with me." He offered, now holding out his hand to you. You arched your brow at the idea, although you were still almost happy he had offered something else. Almost. Something about this didn't feel right.

First the sudden change in mood... And now he wants... A hand-shake?

"You'd... Do that for me...?" You questioned suspiciously, now cautiously beginning to stick your hand out to grab ahold, his finger twitching in response as he appeared almost unable to hold himself back from latching onto your hand. Suspicious.

"Yeah of course!" His words were briefly rushed, as if he were excited for something to happen. You stared at him, glancing from his hand to his face. You felt something dangerous, something feeling off in this moment. The surprise had worn off by now, leaving a weird feeling in the pit of your stomach as your thoughts raced.

Shaking hands with... Your eyes widened as the spell pages, and all sorts of internet information came flooding back to you in one huge wave.

"It was like looking at the Devil himself" Markus' words rung in your ears, a sense of "waking up" suddenly hitting you across the face as you immediately yanked back your hand, nothing but your index fingers touching. Shaking hands with the Devil...