Chapter 17

Merida couldn't believe her eyes. She sank back down into her seat. Jack had almost gotten killed or at least extremely hurt. What if he'd actually died? She couldn't let their friendship end over a silly little argument. She would regret it for the rest of her life if he had died before they became friends again.

"You okay, Merida?" Hiccup asked, bringing her out of her thoughts.

"I - I," Merida began, she was still in shock.

"You want to make up with him, now?" Hiccup asked. Merida barely nodded, but Hiccup saw it. They got up along with everybody and left the quidditch field. They met up again with Jack and Punzie in the library where they were going to study for a test in Charms.

"Jack. I'm glad you're okay. Congrats on winning the game," Hiccup said.

"Sorry, Punzie," he then said to Punzie. She shrugged.

"Jack risked his life to win, so I don't mind," Punzie said.

"That was so crazy, Jack. I'm surprised you managed to win," Merida said, attempting to make conversation with him. She hadn't talked to him in a long time and didn't really know how to start a conversation. Jack, however, took it as an offense.

"What? You were surprised I'm actually good at quidditch?" Jack asked, accusingly.

"No, I just - I mean..." Merida said, stumbling over her words, starting to bristle with anger. Jack rolled his eyes.

"You mean I'm not good at anything?" Jack asked.

"Ugh. I hate when you assume you know what I'm going to say!" Merida snapped.

"Well, I hate people who get angry over every little thing, no matter how small!" Jack retorted.

"Well, I hate people who act like they're all that when they really aren't!" Merida responded, her face turning red with anger.

"Well, I hate people who think that they are tough when they really aren't!" Jack retaliated.

"Well, I hate people who's first and middle name is Jackson Overland! They don't even sound right together" Merida yelled.

"Well, I hate people who have crazy red hair. How does your hair even get that frizzy!" Jack yelled back.

"I hate people who are super mean," Punzie spoke up.

"Nobody asked you!" Merida and Jack yelled at her. She shrunk back.

"Well, I hate people who think that they're so handsome. Your skin is so white it blends in with paper!" Merida shouted.

"Well, I hate people who are so stubborn they won't even say sorry when they're in the wrong!" Jack shouted.

"Well, then I guess you hate yourself!" Merida shouted.

"I guess so!" Jack shouted.

"Shhh!" they heard the librarian tell them, glaring at them. Jack huffed and stomped away and Merida stomped away in the same direction.

"Stop following me!" Jack yelled at Merida.

"There's only one exit out of the library!" Merida yelled back.

"Shhh!" the librarian snapped at them again. Merida and Jack glared at each other until they left the library and then went separate ways. Punzie sighed.

"We don't even need help studying. This study group was for them," Hiccup said.

"Yeah. Well, at least they finally talked to each other," Punzie said, trying to look on the bright side. Hiccup looked at her.