Chapter 8

Rapunzel woke up and sat up. She looked around, confused. She wasn't at Hogwarts, but at home, in her bed. Her brow creased with confusion. Then, she turned her head and her mother was directly in front of her. Punzie nearly jumped out of her skin. 

"Rapunzel, dear. What is the matter?" her mother asked. 

"Mother, what's going on? Why am I at home?" Punzie asked. Her mother completely ignored her question and pulled out her wand. 

"Mother, what's that for?" Punzie asked, shakily. Her mother stepped closer with her wand pointed at Punzie. Punzie felt the need to back away. 

"Save me, Rapunzel," Gothel said. 

"What are you talking about?" Punzie asked, fear in her voice. Suddenly, her mothers skin blew away into dust. 

"Mother!" Punzie practically shrieked. 

"Save... Me," Gothel said, her eyes practically peering into her soul. Her hand reached out to Rapunzel. Rapunzel reached for it, and just as their fingers touched, the rest of her Mother dissolved into a pile of dust on the floor. Her mothers wand clattered to the ground and rolled over to Rapunzel, who sank to her knees. 

"Mother?" Punzie asked, shakily. 

"Mother!" Punzie screamed, her hand sifting through the pile of dust that was her mother. Her tears fell onto the pile of dust and everything exploded into white light.

Suddenly, Punzie sat up in a start. Her heart was practically beating out of her chest. She got up. 

"Lumos," she whispered and the tip of her wand lit up. 

"Punzie, turn that off. I need my sleep," Tiana said. 

"Hold on, T. I just need to do this one thing. It'll only take a minute," Punzie whispered.

"Fine," Tiana sighed and rolled away from the light. Punzie pulled out a piece of parchment and a quill. She had to write a letter to her mother, to assure her that everything was fine and she hadn't turned into a pile of dust. When she felt it was good enough, she let out a sigh and went back to bed, but she didn't fall asleep. She didn't want to get another bad dream. She stayed up for the whole night until the next morning when she got up and went to breakfast. She splashed some water on her face and did her hair in a big bun and then went down to breakfast.

"Punzie. Are you okay? You look awfully tired," Jack said. 

"I just had a rough night. You know, bad dreams and such." Punzie said, rubbing her eyes. 

"I don't think you're the only one. Other people look pretty rough, too," Jack said, motioning to other people who were yawning or rubbing their eyes. A few even had pretty heavy bags under their eyes. 

"Less people for Quidditch try outs, then," Punzie said, yawning again. 

"Are you sure you're up to it?" Jack asked, raising his eyebrow. Punzie nodded. 

"Oh ya, I just need some hot cocoa. I'll be fine after that," Punzie said, taking a sip from her mug. She inhaled the scent of her hot cocoa and popped the marshmallow floating at the top in her mouth. 

"So, are you really sure you want to try out for Quidditch in the first place?" Jack asked. 

"Of course I am. The Hufflepuff team needs a new chaser and I think it would be fun. Besides, you, Merida, and Hiccup are doing it. I don't want to just be sitting on the sidelines the whole time," Punzie said.