Happily Ever After

Third Person POV: 

It had been a few months since the fight against Akatsuki. It had been a hard time. People needed to be buried, homes had to be build again. Slowly but surely they picked up the pieces and moved on.

This wedding was the first happy ceremony they have had. Sakura watched as Neji danced with Tenten and shared a secret smile with Shikamaru. "What are you thinking about?" he whispered into her ear while reaching for her hand. Grasping his fingers in hers and joining them, she looked at her own engagement ring.

"I'm happy. Happy that everything is finally going right again. Happy that Neji and Tenten can have this moment after all." Her fiancee nodded. "Yeah. It had been a hard time. When I saw her. I thought we had lost her for sure."

"SAKURA!" She was just checking into the sickbay when the panicked scream made her stop. Turning around she saw Neji crashing through the trees. Tenten hanging lifelessly and bloodied in his arms. "Help her!" he demanded.

One look into his eyes was all that she needed. He was about to break down.

"Lay her down. Carefully."

Her green Chakra was pulsing, showing her that Tenten wasn't as lifeless as she looked. Getting to work quickly she pumped chakra into her.

"What happened Neji?"

"I'm not sure. We were on different teams. I found her like this." His voice was cracking at the end. Glancing at him, she saw, that he was even paler than should have been humanly possible. "Sit down Neji. Or else I will have to treat you too."

"Can you save her?" he whispered, staring at his beloved one.

"We will see," she told him. Not sure if Tenten was going to make it. It was looking bad. She had a punctured lung, a splinter in her heart, way too many internal bleeding's to count and just as many fractured bones. To be honest she looked mangled.

Taking a deep breath she delved deep into Tentens body.

* * *

"No bad memories today!" Choji laughed at Shikamaru's startled face. It wasn't often that he could surprise the lazy butt. "Just remembering what good those bad memories gave us," Sakura said and smiled at him.

He nodded and smirked. "Yeah as if we don't know what you got out of that!" Wiggling his eyebrows at her. She laughed and looked to where Naruto talked with Hinata. "Yeah as if Tsunade would have done that herself!"

The blond smirked and pulled out some sake form her desk. "You want one?"

"It's ten in the morning shishou. You shouldn't drink and I will not!"

Rolling her eyes, Tsunade chugged down a cup. "As you are the logical person for the job, since you know all the basics, the paperwork routines and the meetings procedures with the council, you will be the next Hokage. I'm too old for this."

Sakura felt a shiver run down her back. "Me.....?"

"I'll need that drink now." Sakura visibly deflated on her chair. Toasting to the heavens she downed her cup.

Relaxing again Sakura toasted with Tsunade. "I will not give up that chance for anything!"

* * *

Ino slowly walked towards where Sakura, Shikamaru, and Choji were sitting. Slowly the rifts between her and Sakura were mending. Not with the deep trust that once was there, but mending. Thinking back to the first few days back at the hospital with Sakura around, she grimaced.

"Who made this sloppy bandage?" Sakura asked loudly and looked at the medics inside the hospital room. Ino's shoulders dropped when those green eyes bored into hers.