Chapter Eight: Bad Feeling

Start from the beginning

"One day Jisoo, you will be able to see all these people unite and live harmoniously." Jisoo said to herself and decided to finally head back into town but something inside her just felt different.

Jisoo looked back, her eyes were fixed on the transparent wall that divides the place she was standing from the gate that leads into the bridge. Without her knowing, she took a step forward, entering the barrier. She was walking straight ahead coming towards the gate but a hand caught her.

"Taehyung?" Jisoo looked back at the boy who's panting hard.

"Where do you think you're going, Kim Jisoo?" Taehyung exclaimed, pulling the girl back outside the barrier.

"What? What do you mean?" Jisoo then looked around and finally realized what happened. "Did i just—"

"You went inside the barrier, Jisoo." Taehyung said. "You know how dangerous it is inside. What were you thinking? A few more steps and you could have reached the gate." He continued to nag but then he stopped when he noticed the confuse and shock face that Jisoo was wearing. "What is it? What's wrong?"

"I.. I didn't know." Jisoo deadpanned. "I didn't know what I was doing until you pulled me back."

Taehyung's eyes widen in confusion and he couldn't help but grimace by the sight of Jisoo looking confuse, frantic and worried. He immediately pulled Jisoo away from that place and brought them in the meadow where they would usually hang out when they were children.

"I swear Tae, I didn't realize that I already entered the barrier." Jisoo explained and started to panic. "They wouldn't know about it, would they? I mean, Jin could get in trouble if I—"

"Calm down." Taehyung exclaimed, trapping Jisoo's face in his hands. "Look, maybe you just tripped on something and ended up inside the barrier. Don't worry about it." Taehyung added, pulling Jisoo's head into his chest. "We'll just tell Jin and the others about it. It's no big deal so don't stressed out, okay?"

"Okay." Jisoo nodded but deep inside her, she knew that there's something more about what happened to her.

*****

Seokjin was looking at his friends weirdly sitting around in the middle of his study. His eyes darted towards the awkward looking Jungkook and Chaeyoung. They were silently sitting across from each other and seemingly avoiding each others' gaze. Then he eyed Jimin who was sitting silently on the other side of the room, just across him. He was busy looking and scanning through his phone and Seokjin thought that he was the only one who seemed to be acting normal. He stared at the unmoving Taehyung, who's eyes were stuck on Jisoo the whole time while Jisoo was looking guilty and troubled.

Seokjin sighed. "So tell me why are you here, again? You know I'm kind of busy with all of these paper works."

"Jin, I am so sorry about what happened earlier." Jisoo started to say.

"Jisoo, you know that it wasn't your fault. It was just an accident so stop blaming yourself." Taehyung nagged.

"Still." Jisoo reasoned. "Me crossing the barrier created quite an alarm in the Palace and Jin has to settle the commotion." Jisoo added, looking down on her lap.

"Tae's right, Jisoo. It wasn't your fault." Jungkook who was sitting beside her joined in, grabbing Jisoo's hand for comfort. "And it's the future king's duty to calm his people when in times of trouble."

"Hmm." Chaeyoung scoffed, her eyes were glued on Jungkook's hand clutching Jisoo's and Jungkook immediately let go and looked away from her piercing looks.

"Guys, what do you think of this selfie? It's quite okay, right? I'll post this on my instagram." Jimin broke the silence and Seokjin just rolled his eyesat him due to his bewilderment.