Chapter 19: Deaton Knows

Start from the beginning

He stopped at Derek's house. I walked up behind him as I was out of breath. He was surprised at first, but then explained.

"Derek and Jackson. We need to safe him." He didn't add anything as he entered the house through a window.

He was right as we heard Jackson and Derek yelling.

"Excuse me? Co-captain." Scott smiled as he was now visible for the two. I didn't know what they were talking about so just turned werewolf as Scott did the same and we were now standing in front of Derek, who also turned werewolf.

"Move!" Derek yelled.

"No." I answered.

"Fine. I'll kill all three of you."

We then heard something being fired as Derek yelled something.

"Cover your eyes!"

I do as told as a window breaks and a bullet flies through, followed by an explosion. Scott clearly didn't cover his eyes as he just stood there. Ge then got shot by a bullet which made him step away. I immediately walked towards him as he started to cough while covering his wound with a hand.

"Stephanie, take Scott and go!" Derek commanded.

I did as told as I helped him up and started to run. We ran all the way towards the forrest until Scott fell to the floor. I let myself fall on my knees too as I watch smoke coming from the open wound.

"Allison." Scott whispered.

It was then that I saw Deaton walking towards us.

"I'm not here to hurt him, I'm here to help." My eyecolor goes back to normal as I gave in and let him take Scott.

"Stop." Scott mumbled.

"It's all right, Scott. You're gonna be all right." I smiled.

We went all the way to the hospital as Deaton took care of Scott and pulled the bullet out of the wound. Scott gasped as his eyes opened and he started to cough.

"I wouldn't get up just yet." Deaton said as he continued what he was doing.

"Where am I?" Scott asked.

"You're safe, don't worry." I smiled.

"I've given you something that should speed up the healing process." Deaton added.

"But you're a vet." Scott said with confusion in his voice.

"That's very true. And 90% of the time, I'm mostly treating cats and dogs."

"Mostly?"

Scott's eyes closed again as he was probably unconscious. It took him half an hour to open his eyes again as he gave me a confused look.

"Welcome back to the land of conscious. You okay?" I asked.

"Maybe you should sit down." Deaton suggested.

Scott nodded as he did so. We then heard someone entering the shop.

"Hello? I'm sorry but we're... We're closed." I followed Deaton to the door to see Peter.

"Hi there. I'm here to pick up." He smiled.

"I'm not sure I remember you dropping off."

"This one wandered in on its own."

I started to growl softly as I didn't trust him.

"Even if he did, I'm afraid I can't help you. We're closed."

"I think you can make an exception this one time. Don't you?"

"He said, no. He's closed, just come back during regular hours. Or just never come back." I replied.