Depression

Last time:

You were only trying to read on your computer when an intruder broke in and tried to kill you. But he didn't. Instead he left some sort of carving on your chest, leaving you very confused about exactly who this Jeff the Killer was.

CHAPTER TWO: Depression

Reader's POV:

It had been a week since I saw encountered that killer and almost died. His 'signature' was still engraved on my chest and at times it would burn. The most recent time was just last period, they seemed to burn more frequently now. Not paying attention it started yet again. As I clutched my chest, the teacher and students stared at me.

"(Your name)," The teacher asked, "Do you need to step out?"

"A-ah, Y-yes please.."

I ran straight towards the girl's bathroom and practically ripped my shirt down. What I saw was terrifying, the circle was glowing. Actually glowing a bright red, it caused almost my whole body to burn in waves. "J-just make it stop!" I said almost under a whisper. As it someone heard my plea, it stopped. "Hehe, can't take it huh?" I heard someone say behind me. I looked up at the mirror and my breath hitched. It was him again, he was just staring at me with an amused look on his face. It turly terrified me to see him again. I couldn't move and I even forgot to breath. He jumped down from the windowsill and put his hands on my shoulders, causing me to tense automatically. "Don't worry," He said, whispering into my ear, "I'm not here to kill you, at least not yet."

"W-why.."

"Why what?"

He smirked at me in the mirror.

"Why a-are you torturing me?"

"Torture you say?"

He pulled out his knife and dragged it along my cheekbone, causing me to flinch a bit. I heard him chuckle, he was amused by me and wanted to toy with me. At this thought, I turned around to face him. He didn't react in time so his knife cut my cheek a little, but I didn't mind at the time.

"Just who do you think you are!" I screamed a him, as a burst of anger enveloped me. He just stared at me kinda wide-eyed, and he seemed to notice my cheek was bleeding quite a bit.

"E-excuse me?"

"You heard me! Now why won't you kill me already! Do you just want to drive me insane!"

He cocked his head, showing a half-smile. His laugh was dark and it sent chills up my spine as he suddenly grabbed my shoulder with full force.

"You really are an interestin' girl, ya' know?"

My eyes were shut, due to the pain he caused me by grabbing my shoulders so I didn't look at him.

"This is why I won't kill ya'. Cause you entertain me."

He let go off me and I sighed in relief.

"Hope ya' don't mind some late night company. Cause I might swing by."

I scowled at him and he shot me a glare in return. In a swift movement he climbed out of the window again, leaving me quite dumbfounded as to what just happened.

The rest of the day went uneventful. No one even spared me a glance as I walked out the bathroom with a half-bloody cheek. I just wiped it on my purple hoodie and carrried onto class. By the time I got there, the bell had rung for us to go home, and I wasn't looking forward to going there.

The walk home only inculded thoughts of him coming back into my house again. Was he going to kill me then? Or... maybe even something worse! I had to rid them out of my head before I caused myself to get a mirgraine. I heard people snickering at me and I shot them a death glare, just what exactly was so apealing to them? But then I felt it, the warm sream of blood flow down my cheek again. I quickly reacted and ran the rest of the way home, no way was I going to let anyone see me. Oddly enough, I was only a block away from my house and even odder, my mother was home. I riased an eyebrow at this and cautiously walked into the door, only to be bombarded by questions from men in suits.

"What did he look like?"

"Did he hurt you?"

"Has he shown up again?"

I just blinked at them, totally forgetting my cheek was bleeding still. I felt a wet surface touch my face and I tense up, looking over my shoulder I saw it was my mom and she led me and the men to the living room. As we all sat down I was given questions to answer.

"Ms, What did the intruder look like exactly?"

"Oh... he had jet black hair, a white hoodie with black pants and..."

"And?"

"A carved smile... that went from one end of his face to another."

That got them to shut up, but they just stared at me.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes sir.."

"Well, the description you just gave us. The man you are talking about doesn't exsist."

He then turned toward my mother.

"I would keep an eye on your child, Ma'am. She seems to have an overactive imagintation."

I saw her face sadden and she slowly nodded. As the men left the house my face came into contact with a hand. She slapped me.

"Do you know how stupid I looked!"

I didn't say anything.

"Answer me! Or got to your room!"

I did as she told and headed up the stairs. Was this what he wanted? For me to suffer both emotionally and physically? I plumped on my bed and turned toward my clock, it was now 8:30pm. Was I really down there for that long? My thoughts kept reeling about how time could have been so fast and... if he was going to visit me. I slowly wrapped my blanket around me, forming a cucoon and sobbed to myself. This was all so much, and I couldn't take it.