Chapter fifteen: Strawberry Smooth Talk

Chapter Fifteen: Strawberry Smooth Talk

(Chrysler’s POV)

“Chysler?” I heard a faint call of my name as someone tried to shove me awake.

My head pounded like hell. Everything seems to throb as I tried to move. I winced as something cool was on top of my head. I tried to open my eyes but my eyelids felt heavy.

“Chrysler! Wake up! I know you can hear me” came a sudden command of a feisty girl.

I tried to open my eyes for a moment then closed it back again, trying to adjust and keep my eyelids from drooping again. I took in my surroundings.

Hmmm, looks cosy around here! Walls were painted in a caramel brown paint. Floor was made of cool white marble. A chandelier at the top a spiral staircase; a huge plasma TV in front of a black leather couch I was sitting on. A black grand piano in front of the doors while curtains were drooped low on the huge French window---

Wait? Why is a grand piano blocking the front door? Then my eyes landed to a scowling woman in front of me: LAUREN

As if when I saw her face, everything came flooding in my mind as to what happened earlier: back home, a guy, a gun, Lauren held captive, police, waiting outside, rain, storm and then everything seemed blank after that.

“You know if you’re planning to commit suicide, do it on your own house. Don’t bribe me to dip my hands on your own blood” she said while shoving an Advil and a glass of water harshly in my hands.

I just watched her, dumbfounded.

“Unless you’d like to die young without my consent, I suggest you head back to the storm if you’ll keep staring at me like I just grown myself with another head” she said in a cold expression; amusement wasn’t there in her sarcastic reply.

“Thanks” I said in a tight smile while shoving the pill to my mouth and drank the cool glass of water she gave me.

“Here” she passed me a bowl of hot soup with a spoon dipped in it.

I looked at her again. This time she had a soft expression on her face; it was more like a sympathy rather than pity.

“Why all of a sudden, you’re completely being nice to me?” I asked receiving the bowl but didn’t take a move to satisfy my growling stomach.

“Well, as much as I want to strangle you right now because of all the stubbornness and recklessness you did, I wouldn’t risk throwing myself to jail of how awful I am to the eyes of the people.” She said rolling her eyes.

“You do care” I taunted drawing her back to a good mood but eventually her face was far from being normal, let alone being happy.

I started sipping the warm soup. God! It tastes like heaven! Seriously! She made this? I would appreciate anything that relates to Lauren! Though I wouldn’t appreciate her whole tensed up scowling expressions towards me and her view of guys especially the type wherein she assumed I would be. But seriously! She made a soup! And exclusively for me?! Has my own mind betrayed me?! Lauren made a heavenly delicious soup! It’s even more heavenly knowing Lauren made it! And it’s for me!

“Seriously! where have you learned to cook a heavenly made soup!” I looked up at her in awe.

For a moment her expression from a nonchalant porcelain china doll became a heart-yearning pretty angel with eyes lighting up like fireworks during New Year’s Eve but then it immediately faltered to a guarded look.

“Okay, what’s the catch?” she said with arm crossed on her chest.

I choke on my own saliva.