Chapter three: Meeting Lauren Hotshots

Chapter 3: Meeting Lauren Hotshots

“Salt in the air, Sand in my hair? This is the life!” I shook my head and smirked looking at Conner who was lying flat on the sand making one heck of a snow-angel; well you’d probably call it a sand-angel.

Before we could even head to the new house and unpack; Conner went straight and lounged himself to the damp sand near the shorelines, I could never really fathom my cousin if he was a silly child or a tormented mental freak!

NNN

I slump at the couch that was facing the huge TV screwed on the left side of the house. The house was well organized and the kitchen was well stocked. The place was breathtaking. The chandelier that hanged in the center of living room, the grand piano on the far corner of the house and especially the perfect plasma in front of me for Xbox gaming. Damn George knew how to make a house feel like a home.

“Have you thanked, George for buying an amazing villa on a quiescent gated-community at the seaside on short notice while we were still on the plane?” Conner asked looking through the enormous walled window facing the shore to where 2 girls were building a sand castle.

“Pffftt… yeah right! I paid him good for this” I rolled my eyes while mocking at him. Man he could be unreasonable most of the time.

“Anyways, you go explore the house while I go check the perimeter outside for safety precautions” he said as he grabbed his Ray bans and a towel. I rolled my eyes; probably he was going to check the ladies out than the perimeter itself. Oh boy! We’ll get so much trouble than expected.

I spent the rest of the afternoon watching the TV show Supernatural, eating some barbequed-caramel popcorns that Miss Hattie, the lady whom George picked as our house keeper had prepared earlier. At first she came in the front door carrying grocery bags, I thought she was a burglar as I jolt up to find her but then I questioned myself; could a burglar be that stupid to sneak in a house in the late afternoon? Maybe not. She was in her forties. I knew the reason why George picked the old lady because he knew I can’t stand against my man hormones whenever I live with a chick even if they’re next door.

I heard a bang on the front door and knew it was Conner.

“How’s the perimeter, Conner? Did you take the time gazing at every angle?” I teased him. He knew what was I talking about but didn’t bother to give any excuse. This is what I was fond of my cousin; he doesn’t take jokes too seriously instead he plays along.

“Yeah, every angle was just right!” he smirked shaping his fingers of what look like a rectangle and peeking through it like taking photos mentally.

“Get of a hold of yourself, Peebiz” I rolled my eyes as he just chuckled.

“Awhh! Don’t get me started in this one, Chrysler!” he grunted. I knew how affected Conner gets with this nickname I call him. We each had a freaking shade of purple in one eye because of it even though I tried to talk him out that Peebiz was short for Play boy (PB) while he himself took it as a close rhyme for Phoebe, the girl he thought he could settle down with but that’s a long story and I seriously don’t want to get another set of purple orbs around my eyes for bringing up the ‘Phoebe love tragedy’.