The Disappearance of Yao Wang

'I've heard there's people you miss

People only you used to know

How would you like to see them again?'

​​​​​​...I miss them. I always have...

**

English girl and Canadian boy both found dead in house in China. Culprit unfound.

**

Yao was, by far, the most responsible person of the Allies. Sure, I half the time he was indifferent to what was going on, but he sure wasn't terrifying, like Ivan, high tempered, like Arthur, big headed, like Alfred, or overly flirty, like Francis.

Oh yeah, or unnoticeable, like... Matthew, was it?

So when he disappeared, it was safe to say I was just a bit... Worried that the Axis would just.. Crumble and die.

Fortunately, it didn't, but Alfred did take charge. Which is a good start if you wanted the Alliance to fall.

I suggested that we look for him. After all, he was part of our group, and we should have done so whether he was responsible or not.

Of course, Alfred immediately adopted the idea as his own and threw it into action, without the consent of the others.

In pairs, we were to search our assigned location to try and find Yao.

Arthur and Francis - quite a bad pairing if you ask me, they'd never get anything done - got the easy task of consulting the other countries to see if anyone knew anything of what was going on.

Alfred and Ivan - actually a good match, seeing how Alfred is probably the only one who isn't terrified by even just Ivan's presence - had to just search around the countries that Yao liked, and visited.

Matthew and I had to search his house.

Simple, right?

It would seem so.

Now, here we were, only just entering his home. Neither of us had been before, so this was all new. First mistake in going.

I turned to Matthew, and spoke, a bored look painted over my face.

"Okay, so.. Let's split up? I feel like we'd get through everything faster if we did.'

He nodded, and I think he might have said something - not like I heard it, though.

And with that, we split paths. Alone, we both walked different directions into the silence. The silence that made me want to turn right around and shout to Matthew that we should actually just stay together.

I nearly did. But when I turned around to call out, he was gone.

So alone I continued, the eerily quiet rooms and halls sparking fear in my heart.

I lost count of how many minutes I'd wandered for, lost count of how many footsteps I took.

But after what I hadn't managed to count to, I found him.

All alone, like me.

"Yao? Everyone's worried.. Are you okay?"

I saw his head, ever so slightly, shake no.

"I miss them.."

I stepped into the room, a little confusion in my eyes.

"Miss who?"

He never answered.

"I can only go to see them again if there's no one here holding me back, that's what the voice told me.."

"Hold on a minute Yao, what voice-"

He stood, hands behind his back, and and walked to me.

A small, sorry smile painted over his face.

"So I guess this is how the Axis falls. Farewell."

Before I could comprehend what was going on, the cloth he had hidden behind his back was over my mouth, and my nose.

Chloroform, huh?...

And, as supposed to when you breathe chloroform in... I blacked out.

And never woke up.

How did I die?

..I guess that's something I'll never know.

...I just hope Matthew went unnoticed for long enough to get out alive.

END