The Disappearance of Kiku Honda

'You're a hindrance to your few friends,
And it makes me feel sorry for you.So I thought it'd be nice to offer you a friendship with me.'..What? Is it true..?... I'd better leave them all alone, then...**English girl, stabbed to death in a house in Japan. It may have been suicide, but if otherwise, the culprit goes unfound.

Kiku was one of the quiet ones, so it would have been reasonable to not have noticed how, one day, he just disappeared.

And some people did.

Oh, how I wish I had been one of them.

I, other than the Axis, was one of the first to notice he had gone.

And I, other than the Axis, was one of the first to go and look for him.

One of the only reasonable actions I had taken was going to his home first- somewhere I had never really been before. I wasn't really too worried- there had been times in the past where he had closed himself off from everyone else, and stayed in his room, in the dark, for extended periods of time.

But when I entered the house, there was no one around.

Did he live alone? I didn't know, but I doubted it.

"Excuse me," I called out as I continued walking further into his house, feeling like the rudest person on earth.

I called Kiku's name many times- but there was never an answer. The only noise was whatever came from me- shouts, footsteps, breathing and the like- and, through my whole search, that's how it stayed.

Until I got to the room which I guessed would be his bedroom.

A smile now on my face, I knocked on the door and called out one last time.

"Kiku? Are you there?"

Nothing. No sound, other than my own breathing- not even the weather outside was making noise. It must have been calm out.

Not that I ever got to know.

A sigh passed my lips, and, after a moment, I decided against checking in his room- feeling as though entering his house without permission was rude enough.

I would've left. I would have left, gone to see if the weather was indeed calm, gone back to the other nations and said that I couldn't find Kiku.

I would have, if I didn't suddenly feel an unbearable pain in my side.

I would have, if I didn't take the painstaking process of turning around to see, through tear filled eyes, Kiku, with his head down, solemn as ever, and holding the katana that stabbed into my side.

As blood slowly seeped into the fabric of my shirt, more tears found their way into my eyes.

"K-Kiku-"

"Gomen nasai.."

The tears spilled from my eyes and slipped down my face in silence, leaving my face tear stained.

"I couldn't have.. Let you leave.. To tell them that I had gone.."

He looked up, remorse flashing in his eyes to contradict his nearly smirking expression.

"I'd be even more of a hindrance if they bothered themselves with looking for me. At least now, they'll be worried about you instead."

He dragged the katana out of my side, and the blood began to flow a lot more now that the wound was opened properly. I collapsed to the floor in pain, legs too weak to hold me up anymore.

I was left, for who knows how long.

But I know that I died alone, because Kiku had left long before I did.

I never did get to know if the weather was calm or not.

END