Chapter Twenty Nine

Mulai dari awal

Chuckling nervously for a second time, I avoided her piercing eyes. "What? What reason? I don't know what you're talking about."

Yeap. I was that person. The kind to feign ignorance to avoid talking about shit. But she wasn't having any of that today. 

Her head shot up, giving me a "are you fucking kidding me" kind of look. "Oh, I don't know. The reason has green hair, a stupid ass smile, and is the son of the most powerful man in Hanamura-"

The classroom door slammed open, almost causing me to fall out of my chair with surprise. Maya's sentence was cut off, as she looked like she was just as surprised as I was.

The two of us glanced over at the door, to see Genji standing there, a paper in one hand. "Ms. Jeikai!" he yelled, unabashed at his loud entrance. "I was sent on a mission by Mr. Sams to give you this paper!"

He strolled right up to her desk, not seeing me just yet, with one hand shoved in his pocket nonchalantly. 

My heart sped up like crazy, and Maya scrunched her nose up and then glared at me. "Speak of the devil. Geez."

Genji turned around, evidently about to leave, when he saw me sitting at my desk. A toothy grin spread across his face and he stopped mid-step. I smiled back at him, giving a polite little wave. 

But, of course, that wasn't enough for him.

"(Y/n)!!!" he called out super loudly, causing the class to stare out of curiosity. My cheeks heated up with embarrassment.

He ran over to me in less than a second, and wrapped his arms around me in a crushing embrace. As great as hugs were, I could hardly breathe. I smacked his back like a dying fish, unable to tell him I couldn't breathe.

Maya scoffed, rolling her eyes, and continued scrolling through trash memes on her phone. "'I don't know what you're talking about'," she mocked in my tone of voice.

Genji released me from my hug, and sat on top of my desk right in front of me. I took in a deep breath and then glared at him. "Don't you have to go back to class?" I asked pointedly.

He nodded. "Yeah. But you're here, so obviously, I'm not going to go."

"Real smooth," Maya commented. 

His eyes flickered over to her, and a friendly smile made its way onto his lips. "You must be the best friend I always hear about."

"That's right. I'm also the best friend that'll kick your ass if you hurt (y/n)."

At this, Genji seemed slightly amused. He made eye contact with me, and raised an eyebrow questioningly. I shrugged, like I was telling him to go with it.

"Hurt her?" he asked. "Interesting. What kind of relationship do you think we have?"

I shoved his shoulder with a click of my tongue, causing him to toss his head back and laugh. I pouted, crossing my arms like an upset toddler, so he pat the top of my head like he always did.

He then sat up straighter, looking Maya in the eye, seemingly more serious. She stared back, unfazed. "I won't. I won't hurt her."

At this, her cold gaze seemed to soften. Her eyebrows ceased creasing, and she looked shocked at how believable Genji was being. Maya looked away, nodding slightly as if to state her blessing. "Good."

I mean like, it was cool and all that the two of them seemed to be getting along with each other, but they were talking about "hurting" me as if we were... in some kind of relationship.

I didn't mind the thought of actually being in one with him, but my feelings were all tangled up at the moment.

I had no idea if Genji was seeing other girls right now, and I didn't want to get my hopes up that he felt the same things I felt for him. After all, he could have anyone.