7

8.47 p.m.

i glanced at my watch again. the food has arrived since a while ago. i decided to eat a little bit first since my stomach was starting to growl. after a first bite, i regretted it. i should've waited for jisung. after that pne bite, i laid my spoon down and decided to wait.

9.28 p.m.

still not here yet. i sighed to myself.

10.50 p.m.

i asked the waitress to pack the food to-go and waited for him at the same table.

11.45 p.m.

by now, i knew i was gonna get kicked out anyway, so i waited outside the restaurant. i sighed again and again but convinced myself that jisung would come. i mean he wouldn't forget right?

1.00 a.m.

i have been tired of waiting that now i'm actually sitting on the ground with my legs crossed in front of a closed restaurant. luckily, i was familiar with this area since one of my aunts live here. plus, i knew that a lot of the restaurants and stalls in this area are opened for 24-hours.

1.47 a.m.

park jisung, where are you?

***

jisung pov

my brother was immediately rushed to the hospital. he never told me anything about his health. now, he's in the operating room. i looked at my watch while anxiously waiting. i called my parents who then rushed to the hospital.

almost 7 hours passed and my brother's finally out of the operating room. currently, he's still unconscious and my parents are here. my parents gave me a last hug before i left the hospital. they told me me they would give me a call if he wakes up.

i exited the hospital and glanced at my watch, 1.50 a.m., my eyes suddenly widened at a thought. taerin— i quickly ran off. it was already very dark, and only the street lights were left on. i stopped not too far from the restaurant to catch my breath when i saw a girl sitting on the ground starting to doze off. watching her fall asleep, i very silently walked to her.

with guilt all over my face, i mumbled, "sorry..." apparently the mumble was heard.

taerin slowly got up on her feet, "you didn't come," she rubbed her eyes. "where were you? gwaechana? what happened?" i felt bad.

taerin dusted dirt off my jacket but i stopped her, "taerin-ah, mianhae—"

"gwaenchana. we can go again next time. i'm sure you needed to do something important. i trust you." she gave me a heart-warming smile. she glanced at her watch, "let's go home."

i watched her taking slow steps in front of me. i could resist the urge to hug her. i walked to her and grabbed her arm and pulled her towards my chest.

end of pov

***

i walked in front of jisung when suddenly i felt him pulling my arm. and what he did next surprised me.

jisung pulled me into a hug and laid his chin on top of my head, "i'm so sorry.."

i couldn't say anything. i just froze there. everything went blank. the street was empty and quiet.

slowly, my arms started to curl around him before i looked up at him and met his eyes. i gave him a smile which he replied with an even brighter smile.

i suddenly turned serious, "okay, now you owe me a story."

he knitted his eyebrows, "what story?"

"umm, a story of why you didn't show up?" i raised both my eyebrows and glared at him.

he scratched his head with a grin, "hehe, right. i'll tell you when we get back home."

i nodded and turned around to walk to the streets, but suddenly i stopped. i widened my eyes and froze.

jisung walked to me, "what's wrong? why'd you stop? let's go."

he walked in front of me and i said, "how are we gonna get home?"

"what do you mean?" he asked with a confused look. he pointed at the dark bus stop.

i was still frozen, "it's 2am, babo. there's no bus or train until 4am."

his eyes widened, "what—oh no." he thought for a while and finally spoke up, "why don't we go to my brother's house first for a night?"

"wouldn't he be there?" i asked.

he smiled weakly, "my brother, he—uh, won't be home tonight."

i glared at him but in the end shrugged it off. slowly, i started to walk behind him who looked a little down. i shouldn't be doing this but... i shook my hand ran beside jisung. i grabbed his right hand and held it tight.

please feel better...

~~~

hi

so i can sense by now that the story line is quite messy. i apologize for thattt:( i'm not the best at writing stories, but i just wanna put my ideas into one.

but thank you to all my readers!!