αρχή [ the beginning ]

Luke

My heart broke as I saw Quinn's face contort in pain, her screams of agony echoing off the walls within our room. I desperately wanted to reach out to comfort her, but she was already surrounded by too many people.

"Luke, where are you?" She panted, her hair clung to her forehead from the sweat and her eyes found me as she groaned in pain once more, "I need you here."

Ashton immediately moved out of the way as I moved to her, her hand finding mine and squeezing roughly.

She whimpered as another contraction hit, and I glanced uneasily at her as she continued breathing heavily, "My dear, can I just please ask you once again to just let Ashton do this our way?"

"No," She snarled, falling against the bed in agony and my heart pulled as she screamed slightly, "I am doing this the mortal way."

"Quinn, I don't think that's an option anymore," Ashton murmured, his voice calm as Mira stood beside Quinn.

Quinn sat back up, her eyes focused on Ashton as she moaned in pain again. She took a few deep breaths once again, and breathed out "Why?"

"You need to stay calm-"

"Don't you dare," She snarled and Ashton nodded.

"The umbilical cord is wrapped around his neck. I need him out now if you want him alive," Ashton left off and Quinn wailed again as she nodded.

"Yes, Ashton please. Save my baby," She cried, and I moved so I was by Ashton now and nearly fainted at the sight in front of me.

"Luke, if you're going to pass out go back to where you were." Mira mumbled, and I swallowed as I went back to where my wife was, my queen.

"Baby, stay strong okay? Ashton will get him out, things will be just fine." I murmured, kissing her forehead lightly and she whimpered.

"I know but after we lost our first child, our sweet baby girl," She whispered, her face contorting in pain once again and I interlaced our fingers and she squeezed tightly.

"That wasn't your fault, it was just a miscarriage. Those things happen often,"

"I know but it was -" She left off as she screamed in pain, but the scream silenced soon as we heard that cry.

"My baby," She whispered, and I watched as Ashton removed my son and raised him up as Mira held out surgical scissors. I quickly cut his cord, and Mira snapped her fingers and he was now wrapped in a blanket and cleaned.

"She wanted the birth to be mortal, she didn't say anything about once he was out." Mira whispered to me, and I nodded as I glanced at Quinn.

She was now laying against the bed, her chest heaving as she had eyes for only him, "Please Luke."

"Of course, my love." I murmured, taking my son from Ashton and I felt something change inside of me as I looked at him. Quinn was no longer the only love of my life now.

"Our baby," She whispered, cradling him in her arms and I leaned in so I was close, and we both just stared at our son.

"Drako Hades Hemmings," Quinn breathed out, her eyes filling with tears, "Welcome to the family,"