Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The court lady, Caroline, was waiting by the shore. Waiting for the safe arrival of the Queen and her people. As the ship was getting nearer, Caroline was anxious. Everyone was waiting for their return.

As the ship dock,  the people at the pier noticed that the sail was ripped and some parts of the ship were damaged.

As the men start to unload, Caroline rushed as she noticed that Queen Mauritia was not with them anymore.

"Captain Robert!" She desperately called. "Where's Tia?" She asked. All of the men looked down. Guilt and grief were written all over their face. Her hands were already shaking. She's silently praying that there's nothing wrong and that she's with them.

"Where is she?"

"She's... gone."

________________________________________________________________________________

The Queen's

I can feel the sunlight kisses my skin, as the cold breeze that ripples through my face. I can hear the water dripping, echoing like a lullaby to my ear.

I gently opened my eyes and blinked twice, adjusting to the bright light. I can feel my head throbbing in pain. When my visions are clear, my eyes wandered around me.

Where am I? What happened?

Trying to recall what happened makes my head aches even more. I helped myself up but my vision went blurry. I can feel the coldness of where I am sitting right now.

Again, I tried looking around. Now that I can finally adjust, I realized that I'm in a cave and this is the most beautiful cave I've ever seen in my life!

The top of the cave was open, it is where the light passes through which made the stalagmites and stalactites shine like a diamond in the sky. It was breathtaking and mesmerizing. The hidden majestic creation that I'm talking about.

But wait, how did I get here? How did I end up inside a cave? What happened?

I tried to stand up and felt the slimy texture under my toes. I was standing in flat stone. As I examined the surroundings, I noticed something in the dark side of the cave.

I know I'm not alone. There's something inside this cave.

"Who's there?" I asked bravely despite the fear I felt.

"Who are you?" But no one answered. My heart beats like a drum that wants to explode outside my chest. My hands were trembling.

"Show yourself!"

A pair of intense sea rover-blue eyes gazed upon mine. Those eyes...  it couldn't be.

"Who are you?" I asked. The lights flickered through the stalagmites which made me finally see and recognize the owners of those enchanted eyes. I gasped in disbelief.

"It was you!" I exclaimed. "At the ship... in the middle of the ocean, it was you!" I'm sure of it. He is the one. The one that I saw in the middle of the ocean. It's him. I thought I was seeing things but he's real.

But wait.. ship? ocean? Sea storm... I fell.

"What happened?" I tried to ask him. My knees felt weak as he swam towards me.

"You're..."  I can't utter a word anymore. My mind went blank and I can feel my whole system shaking because of fear. I took a step back but wobbled due to shaking. Is this even possible? It is real? Am I dreaming?

"You fell."

His deep husky voice echoed inside the cave. I can't help but stare back at him with fear and amusement in my eyes.

He had a raven black and coiffed hair to perfection even if it is wet. He had a bristly eyebrow and intense sea rover blue eyes. He carried a perfect nose well and his defined cheekbones carved down towards a concrete jaw. His body was well built, and it perfectly fits him.

And he has... a silver-blue tail. A tail.

I wanted to freak out.

There's a merman right in front of my eyes.

"You have... a tail." My lips quiver as I eyed his tail beneath the water.

Is this real? Can somebody pinch me and wake me up? Am I dead?

"You fell," he repeated. I tried pinching myself just to make sure that I'm alive, and it hurts. I'm alive. I survived. And I'm with this merman.

"Thank you! Thank you for saving me..."

He was just staring at me that I felt conscious and nervous. I can't even think straight right now. My mind's panicking inside! But if I show him that, it might aggravate him and it won't do any good. He tilted his head slightly as if he was examining me.

"Why did you brought me here?" I asked once again but I didn't get an answer from him. He was just staring at me like I'm the only food he has tonight and it's creeping the hell out of me.

"You're beautiful."

My jaw literally dropped. That was beyond my imagination. My cheeks start to burn, this isn't what I was expecting. And this is not the right time to feel this way for goodness sake! What was he thinking?  Does he even think?

I cleared my throat and avoided his gaze.

"I-I really need to go home. Can you tell me where's the way out here?" Instead of helping me, he turned his back on me.

"Please. My mother's looking for me by now," I begged.

"I'll take you home," he said as he turned around.

"I... I don't know how to swim. Is there any other way?"

I panicked when I slipped and fell onto the water. I was desperately wiggling my arms but a pair of arms caught me. It was him.

I slightly pushed him but he stopped me by firming his hand on my waist. I was running out of air and he's stopping me. My head is pounding, every cell in my body is screaming for air. I tried to get away from him again but he was still holding me firmly. I got tired of trying my luck, and the water's getting inside me.

I'm drowning, and he's not gonna save me. This is my end.

I'm sorry, Caroline.

My whole body felt weak when he cupped my face and caressed my cheeks. My eyes is in pain but I can clearly see his beautiful sea rover blue eyes glisten. He gently leans, my forehead rests against his.

And out of the blue, in the middle of all of this, his lips met mine.

He kissed me.

________________________________________________________________________________