The other just glanced at him from the corner of his eyes. "Still here, Nara? I thought you would have been with Sakura."

"I told you to stay away from her!" he growled and reached for Sasuke's neck when it clicked. "Sakura is in the forest?"

Receiving a short nod, he stopped and turned around abruptly. She was alive. She was awake. And she was fighting again! Angrily he shouted a few commands inside the Headquarter and left for where his beloved was waiting for him.

When he finally broke through the trees he saw her sitting at the feet of a tree and meditating. The masked one was lying a few feet away, his face painfully frozen in a grimace and lying a bit away from the rest of his body. She had done a marvelous job incapacitating the enemy.

Slowly scanning her from head to two, he saw that she was hurt. One of her arms was bent at a wrong angle, she had several deep cuts littering her legs and a gash on her forehead.

Sinking down before her, he cradled her face in his hands and watched as she opened her eyes. Green seas were trying to drown him. "I thought I lost you" he murmured and kissed her forehead.

"I heard you. You woke me up Shika", she whispered back and gave him a small kiss on the lips. "Now let me concentrate." He nodded and leaned back. Watching how every gash closed and only the dried blood remained. She looked enthralling. Since releasing her seal, the marks glowed a bright purple and a slow and steady beat of chakra thrummed through the air around her. Playing with her hair. He smiled lovingly at her. She was the light to the darkness surrounding them.

* * *

Shizune was working furiously on Tsunade. She couldn't get the bleeding to stop. Too many internal organs were smashed. Grunting frustrated she kept back a scream of bitterness. Slowly but surely she understood that she couldn't save her shishou. Her chakra reserves and healing techniques were not enough.

"It's alright Shizune. I will take over" she heard a soft voice whispering in front of her. The tears that had sprung forbiddingly to her eyes blocked her view. But the blurred form of somebody with pink hair lifted a weigh of her shoulders.

"Sakura-chan!" she cried. Trying to stifle a sob she let go of Tsunade and watched as Sakura started to work. Blinking rapidly to stop her tears she recognized the Mode her fellow Kunoichi was in. Once before had she seen her like this. So ethereal. It was the day her Yin-Seal first showed. Her chakra was like a cloak. Healing and repairing what she touched.

Hearing a popping sound beside her, she watched as Katsuyu began treating the sick again. Her little sister had a tremendous concentration and chakra reserve to summon the slug without forming any seals. Taking a deep breath and huffing Shizune was sure, that they were going to come out of this alive. And get a few happily ever after, as she watched Shikamaru watching Sakura.

* * *

Tsunade felt the ghost of a hand reaching for her. "Wake up Shishou. You are still needed here!" The pain lessened but it wasn't enough. Her body refused to react.

After what seemed like an eternity another presence surrounded her. Showing her that she was safe, that nothing could go wrong anymore. She felt the pain receding and her conscious drifting to the front.

"Wake up Oka-san. You are not supposed to leave us just yet."

"Sakura-chan?" she murmured half heartily. "Of course. Who else could bring you back from being half dead?"

Blinking open her eyes she saw the relieved look on her Anbus team and Shizune's. Her lovely daughter only smiled at her. The gods were gracious to grant her wish.

"Don't just stand there! Help me up Nara!" she barked at Shikamaru who rolled his eyes. "Yare, yare. You could have let her sleep off that attitude Sakura-chan" he grumbled.

* * *

Naruto was exhausted but happy. Pein was dead. Akatsuki defeated as it seemed and Katsuyu was back again. He turned towards his friends when he saw Tsunade being brought back to the site. "Ba-chan!" He shouted and rushed towards her. She was looking old and was being supported by Shikamaru.

"Couldn't leave the village to you, could I?" she softly said and smiled at him. Suddenly the Shinobi all around him started to cheer him on. Overwhelmed by the support they showed him, he tried to hide his tears.

A small hand reached for the arm. Slowly coming down from in front of his eyes, he looked in wonder at Sakura. She had woken up and had fought as well. "I'm proud of you Naruto. And I will forgive you. Just give me time."

"All the time you need."

She touched his cheek softly and walked back towards Shikamaru's side. Where she belonged. He could see it now. Looking back at Sasuke who had a bitter line around his mouth he could see that everything would be fine. Not good. And maybe never Team seven great again. But at least friendly and better. Laughing and throwing his hands in the air he whooped and celebrated with the others.

* * *

Sakura looked up at Shikamaru and kissed the underside of his chin. "I love you."

He watched her and saw something in her eyes that had him smiling. "Love you too" he murmured and kissed her head. She had found some closure and inner peace since her old team had come back. They would be okay.

Second last chapter people,

 Bye~Bye~!!

SilviaStoll