0.6

Rhiannon enters her room and closes the door exhausted after her first day of school

She sits in the chair by her desk and opens her laptop.
Already waiting is a video call from her best friend, Jane.
The call connects and Rhiannon greets her friend with a wave of her fingers which in turn causes a red mist to form.
"Hello Rhiannon how are you?"
"First day at a new school ya know?"
"No I don't."
"Okay..."
"Also Happy Birth-" Jane is cut off by Demitri pushing her off the chair.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"
Rhiannon laughs, "Thank you Demitri."
"GUESS WHAT JANE AND AL-" he's cut off by Jane punting him across the room.
"IT IS MEANT TO BE A SURPRISE!"
Demitri leaves the room in fear.
"Jane what was that?"
     Jane dusts herself off, "You'll find out soon."
"Ok-" she ends the call.
Odd, Rhiannon thinks to herself.
                                    &
Rhiannon sits on the couch of the living room listening to her uncle Edward playing the piano.
Her red wisps dance between her fingers, Rhiannon has her mind open while doing so.
Do to this she is able to sense the new presence. Though this presence is one she has felt before.
A grin spreads across her faces and she rushes to the door, red mist evaporating into the air.
Rhiannon opens the door and launches herself into the awaiting arms of her best friend.
"Jane!" She squeals.
All Jane does is laugh before Rhiannon is in someone else's embrace.
This hug feels like home to Rhiannon and smells of the earth after it rains. Immediately she knows it's Alec.
Backing away from the embrace Rhiannon smiles at her two closest friends.
She looks towards Jane, "Is this what Demitri meant by surprise?"
"It is," Jane nods her head.
"He can't keep a secret for the life of him," Alec mumbles.
"Technically he's dead," Rhiannon points out.
"Touché," he agrees.
                                      &
Good thing it was a Friday because Alec, Rhiannon and Jane were up to the early hours talking.
Rhiannon told them of her new friend Parker.
Alec greatly disliked him which in turn caused Jane too.

It was Sunday night, while her family and Jane were out hunting when Rhiannon and Alec had a serious conversation.
"Rhiannon?" Alec question.
She gave a hum in response to captivated in her book.
Alec sighs, "Your father told me of what you said in the car a couple days ago, of not loving me."
Rhiannon sets her book down, she grabs Alec's hands and looks into his ruby red eyes.
"It's not that I don't love you, I do. Well at least I think I do, I don't know what love feels like. That's besides the point. You love me yes?"
He doesn't have to think the answer comes right out of his mouth, "Yes."
"See Alec, do you really? Or is it just this mate bond that makes you feel that way, feel obligated to love me. Would love me if we weren't even mates? Would you ever look twice at me?"
He stares deep into her eyes, "Rhiannon I don't just love you because of the mate bond. Carlisle explained to me once that it never set in stone the love I hold for you. I love you because of your curiosity, your gentleness, your wonder, and so much more. I don't love you because of some ridiculous obligations you think there are. I love you because I know one day you'll eventually love me despite the monster I am."
By the end of his speech Rhiannon is crying tears of happiness and a smile graced her features.
She opens her mouth to apologize but Alec just kisses her knowing what she was going to say, this kiss is his way of saying it's fine.