0.5

5 years later

The worst sound in the world is what brings Rhiannon to consciousness. An alarm clock.
A groan escapes her lips and she sits up. She hops her way to her bathroom trying to avoid the coldness of the floor.
The warmth of the water falling from the faucet causes her to give a relaxed sigh.
After she brushes her teeth she gets dressed. Navy blue high waisted jeans, a maroon cropped shirt and match maroon doc martens, a flowing black cardigan, and her necklace to finish off the look.
She doesn't bother to use the stairs but the railing instead. Her legs carry her to the kitchen where a plate of warm pancakes with whipped cream and sprinkles awaits.
Before she can dig in her father comes in and places a candle in the center of the stack.
The rest of her family comes in and Bella lights the candle. They all sing happy birthday.
Rhiannon closes her eyes and blows out the candle making a wish.
"So what'd you wish for," Nessie asks her.
Rhiannon chuckles, "If I told you it wouldn't come true, now would it?"
Her and Renesmae finish of the pancakes together.
The Cullens head to their cars to leave for school. Rhiannon gets into the car with her parents.
Rosalie looks in the mirror at her daughter, "You're sixteen now," she says with tears in her eyes
"She is and you know what that means," Emmett tells them.
Rhiannon sighs, "I stop aging and Aro starts planning my and Alec's wedding."
Rosalie quirks her head, "I thought you love Alec?"
"I do, just not in the way he thinks. He's never been around long enough for me to feel that way. And if I did feel that way I wouldn't know anyway," she explains.
"Why wouldn't you know," asks Emmett.
Rhiannon pouts and tries to word it in a way they would understand, "The Alec I know is from the letters he sends, what if the person he is is hiding behind those letters. He is my mate I know that and he knows that, hell everyone does. It's like an obligation though. Everyone expects this from us, to get married and be a fierce duo. But, what if that's not what he wants? What if he wants or has a love but I'm stopping them from being together? What if he doesn't want to be together at all? If he did love me though I feel as if I'd be oblivious because I don't know what love feels like in that certain aspect."
Rosalie stares at her daughter, "So you don't want to force him into something he doesn't want?"
"Basically yes."
Emmett's laugh booms through the car, "He wants you though can't you tell? You see it in his eyes as looks at you. Hear it in his voice as he talks about you. He's completely in love with you! I'm sorry little bug but if you can't see that you're blind."
Rhiannon open and closes her mouth trying to think of a response. Before she can retort though they pull up to school.
She peers up at the building, Denali High School looks back at her in big letters.
She gets out of the car and sticks her earbuds in and blasts music trying to ignore the stares of her fellow students.
This is her family's first day at school, they started a little late due to the move from Forks to Denali.
They flood into the her, Renesmae, Jacob, Edward, Bella, Alice, Jasper, Emmett, and Rosalie.
The secretary looks a bit overwhelmed as she passes them their schedules and maps of the school.
Rhiannon has every class with at least one of her family members minus her free period in the library, she has the alone. And it is her first class of the day.
Her head is in the map as she tries to locate the library, this is what causes her to practically tackle someone to the ground.
"I'm so sorry I wasn't looking where I was going," she apologizes and helps the stranger pick up their books.

  He chuckles, "It's okay, it's just what I need to wake up."
  Rhiannon cringes, "I'm still so sorry I was just trying to find the library and I wasn't looking where I was going and-"
  He laughs again, "It's fine and I was just heading to the library I can show you if you want?"
  Rhiannon smiles, "That would be great."
  The boy smiles and sticks his hand out, "I'm Parker Attem."
  She shakes his hand, "I'm Rhiannon Cullen."
  He asks her as they walk down the hall if she was related to the other new kids.
  Rhiannon chuckles, "I am they're my adoptive siblings."
  "Really?" He asks, "How many are there?"
  "Well let's see, there is Rosalie and Jasper, they are the only related ones with them being twins. Then there is Alice, Bella, Renesmae, so that is five girls including me. Emmett, Jasper, Jacob, and Edward make up the boys," she tells him.
  "Wow," Parker says Ashe holds open the library door for Rhiannon, "That is a lot."
  A giggle escapes Rhiannon as she sits on the couch underneath the stain glass window, "It is but you get used to it."
  Parker sits next to her, "It must get loud."
"Only on football Sunday."

&

    Rhiannon leaves her fourth class and heads to her locker, she struggles for a bit before it opens.
     A presence leans on the locker next to her and she looks to see Parker there.
  "Hey Ann you wanna sit together at lunch?"
  Rhiannon hisses through her teeth and makes an apologetic face, "I wish I could but I can't, my family and I usually sit together. But I promise tomorrow I will."
  He nods in understanding' "Till Tuesday then my dear friend."
     Rhiannon laughs at his terrible posh accent and walks with him to lunch.
     As they enter the cafeteria Parker seemingly disappears but Rhiannon heads towards they table holding a sole body. Jacob.
  She takes a seat to the right of him, "Well hello there puppy."
     He turns his head and looks at her, "Not in the mood."
     Rhiannon simply laughs having read his mind and knows what has him frustrated is the countless guys trying to flirt with Nessie.