Chapter Fourteen

"You nearly gave me a coronary, you bloody idiots," a voice says as I begin to regain consciousness. The ground beneath feels like a mound of soil, and I rise up out of it.

"The graveyard?" I question, looking to dad beside me, who is also in the same earth pile as me. "Why are we...?"

"You bloody ... you threw yourselves in front of a bus," John says. "You all but died, in fact you did ..."

"But the paradox rewrote over that," The Doctor says, stepping out from around the corner to reveal himself, "and the energy from the Angels was enough to resurrect you. Perfectly safe."

"Doctor?" dad questions. "What are you doing here?"

"Not getting rid of us that easily," Martha smiles.

"I knew the Angels wouldn't have given up so easily, but you were already writing the paradox so we've only just been able to land," the Doctor explains. "Good thinking on your behalf, Sherlock. I'd call you a genius, except I'm in the room."

"Graveyard," I correct and Martha chuckles.

"But you were just going to leave us in a world full of Weeping Angels without a plan of rescue?" dad says, eyebrow raised.

"You're the amazing Sherlock Holmes!" The Doctor cries. "Knew you'd figure something out."

"So they're gone now?" I question. "The Angels, I mean."

"Yep! And the gap they left between the universes are beginning to seal up. We only have a few minutes left."

"Will we see you again?" I ask.

"Does the the Earth revolve around the Sun?" The Doctor smiles.

Dad and I exchange glances of confusion. "I don't ..." dad begins.

"Yes, of course!" The Doctor laughs. "Like Martha said: not getting rid of us that easily."

"You don't know that the earth goes around the sun?" John questions, nudging me as we begin to walk towards the TARDIS.

"Shut up, John," I reply curtly.

"But you don't ..."

"It doesn't matter!" I snap. "It's not important."

The Doctor turns back around and grins at us. "Sherlock and Sophia Holmes, two of the most intelligent people in the universes, yet outwitted by the solar system."

"And Prime Ministers," John adds, and I glare at him.

"Shut up, the both of you," I retort.

The Doctor laughs as he opens the TARDIS doors. "See you soon," he promises before stepping inside.

"Stay safe," Martha says, coming forward to hug me again.

"You too," I tell her, and she turns, giving a little wave before disappearing inside.

Before the door closes, The Doctor catches it and tosses John a book. "Oh, by the way - thought you might want a copy. The rest will be erased shortly, but this one won't."

"What is it?" John questions, searching for the title.

"The book," I smile. "We met someone today, and he said he was thinking about writing a book about us. It's how The Doctor found us."

"I knew something like this would happen," John says, shaking his head.

"It's not that much of a deal, John," The Doctor says.

"You inspired a man to write a bloody book series about you!" John persists, turning to us.

"You were in them too."

"That's even worse!" John cries.

"If it makes you feel any better, I don't think he really wanted to write them. You've got me to blame for that!" I say, grinning. "Besides, how is it any different to your blog? Wouldn't you say we inspired you to write that?" John shakes his head in denial, and I turn back to The Doctor and shake his hand. "Goodbye Doctor."

"Goodbye, Miss Holmes," he a grin flickers onto his face before stepping back inside.

For the second time today, we stand back as the TARDIS begins to disappear, fading away through the crack once more.

"Back home then?" I question, once the odd blue box has gone. "I'm starving."

Dad smiles at me, and I think back to our conversation before. It can't be any more than a week ago, yet this trip has felt like it's lasted a lifetime.

"Come on then," he says, then his phone bleeps. "Lestrade. He says ..." he pauses, looking down at his phone.

"What?" John urges.

"Those people who disappeared, they've all been found. Apparently, they were found in the graveyard earlier, wandering around."

"Must have been weird for those who found them," John laughs. "Tonight's headline 'Zombies Walk London Graveyard'."

We laugh, and once again, everything is quiet and ordered.