Chapter 25- 683 Bell View Road

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, I just felt like I needed to do that." He nervously says, scratching the back of his neck.

"I'm glad you did." I reply, shooting him a full blown smile which he soon returns. "Now come on, let's go take these bitches down."

He chuckles while shaking his head, "only you, Ryan, only you."

Quickly we climb into the vehicle and pull out of the garage, making our way to the drug house. Silence hangs in the air, adding to the nervousness that's already here. Thousands of thoughts race through my mind when I think about the fact that Braiden's mom could get hurt. He hasn't visited her in the past month, which makes me wonder how she's doing. Those drugs could be laced with anything.

Nobody speaks the rest of the way there, but the silence is loud enough for all of us. Whenever we go on a mission, everyone becomes tense. Sometimes it's hard being only seventeen with your whole life ahead of you, knowing it could end at any second.

Too soon, the car comes to a halt in front of the all too familiar building that appears abandoned. The paint is almost completely gone, revealing the brown boards underneath, and nearly all the windows are shattered. Shivers run down my spin when I remember what the men would have done to me if Braiden wouldn't have been there.

"Alright, both of you guys stay behind me and try to blend in. Don't talk to anyone." Braiden glares at both Mike and I who raise our hands in surrender.

When we reach the plywood door, I raise my fist to knock, but a hand on my wrist stops me.

"Ryan, you can't knock, nobody who actually comes here knocks. Just act confident and be as non-suspicious as possible." Braiden's green eyes bore into mine with complete seriousness.

Quickly, I turn away and he shoves open the door. I can feel Mike behind me, as we walk in, only to be met with the horrible stench of drugs, body odor, urine, and who knows what else. A tall man wearing a tank top similar to ours eyes us all up and down.

"What'do you kids want?" His scratchy, deep voices echoes throughout the walls.

"Were here to get our recent order." Briaden replies back, standing up tall so he and the man are the same height.

I've got to admit he looks really intimidating and extremely hot.

"From who?"

Clearly this catches Braiden off guard and I break the one rule given to me.

"Damien."

Recognition crosses over the mans face, which he quickly covers up, not wanting to let any guard down.

"And who are you?"

"The one Damien sent to pick up his drugs. Now, I think we both know how much he hates waiting." I threaten, but the guy doesn't seem phased.

"Does he now? And how would you know that?" He sneers back, coming merely inches from my face.

"Well, my friend decided to take his time picking up the last batch. You could ask him what Damien did, but it's pretty hard to talk without a tongue."

At this, his eyes widen and I know my little story works. That's the biggest lie if I ever heard it, but he doesn't need to know that.

"Whatever. Upstairs, third door on your left. If any of you try something, I'll but a bullet through your heads."

Braiden's fists clench at his sides, but I gently tug on his arm pulling him away. Just before we walk away, I hear Michael whisper in my ear.

"Left shoulder, underneath the tank top. It's the tattoo."